Home Page
Home Page
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "A person conceives of himself as separate largley because he perceives OF himself as bounded by a body. ONLY if he perceives himself as a MIND can this be overcome." Jesus CIM

Thoughts Are Powerful Things
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> The Gathering Place (TGP)Message format

Phoenix
Posted 2003-03-12 12:34 PM (#4943 - in reply to #4850)
Subject: RE: Thoughts Are Powerful Things

Elite Veteran

Hi all,
I wanted to jump in here and offer some thoughts. An old boss of mine once counceled me (when I was learning to deal with some rather intense sales reps) to focus on the issue, not the person. Very good advise, I thought, and so applicable to pretty much everything. Sometimes the issue is the disagreement, problem, belief, or a viewpoint. But truly, it's never about the person.

In the case of this particular discussion, the issue is the disagreement about how to handle the issue with Iraq and the war. And here's where I need your help. A few weeks ago I was listening to the Raj broadcast of the ACIM study where he was discussing standing up and taking a "vote". One thing that struck me as interesting was that he said that we don't have to be fully enlightened before taking this vote. We can know deep in our hearts what it is that we say NO to and what we say YES to. We all know what God stands for and what He doesn't.

The issue we're all having is not that we're not saying NO to abuse of power or violence, but that we're disagreeing about HOW to say NO here. Some say go to war, some say pray for peace, etc. etc. What I think I heard Raj say (and please tell me if you disagree) is that when we say NO we have to act from the highest place that we can authentically act from, but ACT WE MUST. What this means to me is that if our government and majority of people aren't at the point of stopping the abuse by non-forceful means, then the abuse must still be stopped with some degree of force. This doesn't mean that it's the only way or the highest way. But face it folks, every one of us is at a different level of awareness, and we're NOT WRONG for being at whatever level we are at!

What this all means for me personally, is that I myself say NO to violence and abuse of power in Iraq. I don't condone war but I support my brothers and sisters in their effort to say NO at whatever the level they can say no from, even if the only way they see to do it is by taking forceful measures. What I'd like to offer of myself, is to send prayers for a peaceful resolution, as well as a very clear intention of NO to Saddam Hussein's behavior. I also send love and support to my brothers and sisters wishing to stop his behavior, albeit in ways that I don't personally agree with.

Unfortunately, it's come too late for education now. Now is time for restraint of the individual who has intention to cause harm. But definitely, after such restraint (by whatever means it can be accomplished), is when talks of peace, education, and effort to heal must be taken and persisted upon until such healing takes place.

Your replies, thoughts and input are much appreciated!

With love and peace,
Phoenix
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2021 PD9 Software