Home Page
Home Page
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: A MIND THATS CHANGED AGAINST ITS WILL.... IS OF THE SAME OPINION STILL.......RAJ
- (Added by: Erica)

Not about you
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> The Gathering Place (TGP)Message format

Amminadab
Posted 2003-03-12 12:17 AM (#4849)
Subject: Not about you

doug wrote:

I refer specifically to two of my posts whereby I requested Ammi and Amena to continue to discuss... all day I have watched new posts from both of you, but none in answer to my request....and you both expound the virtue of communication.

Criminy doug...... give us a break.  You were just absent from the discussion for two days..... that's okay...... but if we don't respond to your post within 8 hours we're somehow stifling communication and avoiding your "tough" questions?

It is not all about you. Okay?  We have other people to write to, other things to do throughout our days........ i'm glad you're anxious to continue the discussion...... but sheesh!

See...... i think that is the crux of our difference in perspective....... you think it is all about you.  Tonight i am watching a documentary about the genocide of the arab marsh people in southern iraq.  If your family was living in iraq, you would be saying that saddam must go NOW....... if people you actually loved and cared for were being tortured and deprived and oppressed and suppressed and murdered and intimidated on a daily basis....... you would not be so willing to wait until you can think up a way to do it without using force.

If you can walk up to saddam and have him give you his sword and then he cries on your shoulder...... well then go DO it.  Elsewise you're just wishful thinking..... and contributing nothing to the process.  Meanwhile....... people need our help. Their cries have reached you...... but you are ignoring them.

Saddam needs to go..... and he needs to go NOW....... not at some unspecified time in the great future when humanity has overcome war and violence. If you claim this future can be NOW...... then DO it...... or else get on board with something that actually works.

Sure you can take out the garbage through a mind teleportation....... but until you figger out how....... you have to take the garbage out the old fashioned way....... else you live in a garbage heap.  You want to sit in your chair and watch the garbage pile up, while you work on your mental powers...... well doug.... it isn't all about you.  While you are developing your perfect non-violent solution...... people are suffering and dying.  You don't seem to care..... you have no urgency in their regard.

Do you advocate that australia give up their armed forces?  Are you willing to live under whatever power comes in and takes over?  You don't mind tyranny as a neighbor....... how would you like it as an overseer?

I want to take this back to mind...... so i will do that in another post...... which will be in a thread above this one.  See doug...... tonight you get two!

Peace forever,
Amminadab

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2021 PD9 Software