Home Page
Home Page
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "WE ARE TALKING ABOUT ATTENDING TO THE USE YOU ARE PUTTING YOUR MIND TO . . . SO THAT YOU PUT IT TO A BETTER USE . . . SO THAT AS YOU PUT IT TO A BETTER USE, YOU HAVE ONGOING INCREASING EVIDENCE THAT INDEED YOU NEVER LEFT THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN. THE POINT IS TO ENGAGE." ~~ Raj
- (Added by: amena)

Ammi...lifting a post from below that I missed...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> The Gathering Place (TGP)Message format

Posted 2003-03-11 9:24 AM (#4773 - in reply to #4768)
Subject: RE: Ammi...lifting a post from below that I missed

"Like Doug I have often resolved violent physical attack with a third option that was heaved up within me at the time...(MaeDell knows all about this one, and so do I!) There really are alternatives to our old, old, tired knee jerk responses...but, it seems to me, that we have to ALLOW for them to exist...to trust in this Reality...in the first place (...to believe that "There really is a God" Raj)...to make space within for Source to work things out ON THE SPOT..."

I work with someone at work who is very obnoxious. Throws things. Pushed me into a cabinet the other night that gave me a major headache.

The guy is rather crazed.

I decided just to become his companion, asking him whenever I had free time if he needed any help, how he was, or if there was anything I could do for him.

Now, I could have responded in personal demand, reported this man (as many have done), or of course, offered some violence.

I made the personal decision of offering my own thoughts and feelings for forgiveness, asking the Holy Spirit to show me the Truth of the matter, accepting this man just as he is, making no demands, and continuing to attempt to make myself as available to him as possible.

He continues to rage, scream at me and others, and throw temper tantrums.

I continue to offer himself my inner peace, and watch him respond. My patience does begin to wear thin sometimes, I want to report him for abuse at other times, I want to punch him in the nose at times, or give him a piece of my egotistical mind. However, with my hand extended towards Jesus, I am offering him my peace of mind, and simply stating to him:

"What can I do to help you?"

The results for us both are astounding.

The battle being nearly over for me, I know I will never be left comfortless, my desire to offer him my own peace of mind, and my willingness to allow him to do as he needs to do, has unfolded another way of solving a problem aside my own past ways of thinking and egotistical knee-jerk responses.

Jeanette
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2021 PD9 Software