Home Page
Home Page
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "REMEMBER: WITNESSING ON BEHALF OF YOUR BROTHER HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH LIKING OR DISLIKING HIM. IT HAS TO DO WITH CARING ENOUGH TO CONTEMPLATE THE TRUTH . . . RIGHT IN THE FACE OF HIS BEHAVIOR. THIS IS LOVE WHICH IS TRANSFORMATIONAL." ~~ Raj
- (Added by: amena)

Ego's are a curious thing,
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> The Gathering Place (TGP)Message format

Posted 2003-03-11 5:04 AM (#4746)
Subject: Ego's are a curious thing,

I wonder if its just me, or if others see this....... There have been a few posts that have talked about the need for ongoing communication..for healing.....for reaching a place of at least some agreement. So one would think that if a post generates a thread, and within that thread there are opinions and questions posed, that those that so post would, if the interest was in moving forward together, answer the posts and thus continue discussion?

Seems to me that when a thread reaches certain points.... then it stops in mid air.... particularly if the questions asked or posed within it, may lead someone to adopt a new or different position in order to answer it lovingly. Hmmmm

I refer specifically to two of my posts whereby I requested Ammi and Amena to continue to discuss... all day I have watched new posts from both of you, but none in answer to my request....and you both expound the virtue of communication.

Now of course I recognize I as one who has taken the time to formulate a post or answer to a post, have an attachment to it, and obviously I do so. because I would like to learn..... otherwise what is the point of posting except to blow our own windbags?

It is curious though that if one doesn't want to continue the discussion, that common courtesy is not payed to the one asking the questions, or posing a point, and a post declining to comment further be posted.

I have heard many more enlightened ones talk much about manners, and common courtesy...... yet I seem to see a singular lack of it, in here some days. And I do not exclude myself from this error..... although since the weekend I am trying very hard to not argue, but to discuss..... dialogue of a courteous manner, is entirely different to argument.

I don't expect an improvement though, until we all get our thinking out of the way of Gods will

Night all.
Douglas

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2021 PD9 Software