Home Page
Home Page
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: Rejoice today because there is nothing to overcome. Now are we the Sons and Daughters of God. Release your commitment to contrary imaginings and open your eyes! ~ Raj

The ego at work!!!!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> The Gathering Place (TGP)Message format

robbieh
Posted 2003-03-10 7:37 PM (#4697 - in reply to #4609)
Subject: That happened to me

Expert

And I told the guy off. Then I came to a Gathering and asked Raj how I could have done better. He told me that it sure did take me a long time to finally get mad and that I had done the right thing. All the anger that I expressed was righteous anger... not self righteous, just righteous. There is a time to speak up and a time to be still. This person sounds like a bully and you get to learn to say NO! The first time you do it is very uncomfortable. Raj says we need to learn to say no with as much ease and emotion as we say yes, i.e. "no thank you, I don't want another cup of coffee." Does that make sense? We are not here to be someone's kicking post. The most loving thing you can do for this person is to just say, no thanks, I would rather be treated well and then let the chips fall where they may. It could surprise you what happens!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2021 PD9 Software