Home Page
Home Page
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: NOW IS NOT THE TIME FOR DESPAIR - BUT FOR REPAIR.....Neale Donald Walsch ( the new revelations )
- (Added by: Erica)

The ego at work!!!!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> The Gathering Place (TGP)Message format

mark d
Posted 2003-03-10 8:28 AM (#4618 - in reply to #4582)
Subject: RE: The ego at work!!!!

Expert

Fiona,

I think Donna's suggestion to finish the assignment,if you can, is a good one.

I suggest that you not entertain the idea that this person's behavior is "all in your mind," or anything like that. Raj has clearly stated that your brother may very well be acting out badly.

I've been in a similar situation on more than one occasion. Egos love conflict, drama, and control over others; peace is an anathema to the ego.

I discovered that my thought in the presence of such a person can provide immediate safety. For example, I think inwardly something like, "Jesus Christ is protecting me now." Or one can substitute the phrase "the Holy Spirit," or "the Father," or whatever makes sense in the moment. Or you can simply hold the thought of someone you love and that loves you.

Even if this person is determined to act like a jerk, he will be unknowingly affected by your thought. It works.

All the best,

mark_d
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2021 PD9 Software