Home Page
Home Page
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "BE ... and by Being ... heal the sick." ~ Raj

My apolagies for breaking a thread
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> The Gathering Place (TGP)Message format

sam
Posted 2003-03-10 10:54 PM (#4730 - in reply to #4649)
Subject: RE: By Example

Veteran

Donna,

I agree with you, that to have an opinion, or the need to formulate an opinion regarding a person or situation is not healing, nor effective in dealing with a situation:

However you stated: >>but having an opinion about someone else & what they are doing is futile even if you think you're right. what is important though, like you said, is to heal one's mind first about violence, or any other matter, so if you ever are inconsiderate towards another you are not free of violence yourself,<<

The mind, or ego is of its nature violent. One thought conflicts with another, one desire conflicts and on and on.

One direct approach, rather than making the violence generic and then having an idea around it, is to address the 'thought's about a person or situation and ask 'what value do they have for me in that they further, or uphold truth.' This way, a personal ethic, or conditioning, or separation is not called into play. God is revealing what is true, and what is not. What has value, and what doesn't. Not addressing the issue may allow for non-involvement and a present peace of mind (which may be the right thing to do), but when the thoughts arise around a situation, to ask what value they have as they apply to truth, pro, con or neutral takes all personality out of it, as well as all illusion - what is true is then running the show.

I say this to augment what you said, rather than as disagreement.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2021 PD9 Software