Home Page
Home Page
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "BEING -- EXISTING -- IS NOT MEANT TO COPE WITH. IT'S MEANT TO BE EXPERIENCED, FLOWED WITH, ALLOWED, ENJOYED." ~~ Raj
- (Added by: amena)

My apolagies for breaking a thread
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> The Gathering Place (TGP)Message format

Amminadab
Posted 2003-03-10 2:17 PM (#4656 - in reply to #4579)
Subject: Self-deception

Originally written by Dougoz on 2003-03-10 1:27 AM

ammi: It was not wrong for our military to enter Normandy. It was not wrong for our military to enter Bosnia. It was not wrong for our military to enter Granada. And it is not wrong for our military to enter Iraq.

doug: I would suggest that it was wrong....but we knew no different....

So you think sending our military to normandy and to bosnia was wrong...... even though the citizens of each greeted our soldiers with cheers and hugs.

Boy...... i guess it is a good thing for you that you were born into freedom

nor was there the media available that might have forestalled the very uncivilised processes that ultimately lead too these actions..... we missed the boat then through no fault of our own.

That is downright bullshit, doug.  The bosnia situation was discussed in the media for months and years before we went in.

Let me suggest another scenario which isn't necessarily hypothetical.  Say you are in israel riding a crowded bus.  A palestinian gets on with a bomb strapped to his belly.  The guy in the seat beside you has a gun and is willing to shoot the bomber before he can ignite the bomb.  Would you stop him from shooting because it is violent?  In doing so you are assisting in a greater violence.

You do me an injustice when you decry my desire to see the Iraqi people freed from the rule of Sadaam...... How many times do I have to say it........ Sadaam MUST go....... it is the method I am addressing not the goal.

You are deceiving yourself.  You do not want saddam to go..... you want him to stay.  Every alternative you have offered...... ensures saddam retaining his power.  You have not offered a single suggestion that would lead to his removal...... and you are heavily opposed to any means that would ensure his removal.

The Course talks a great deal about situations where what you do conflicts with what you will.  You are engaged in such a conflict.  If you really felt that Sadaam MUST go...... then you would offer a means to get saddam out...... rather than resist the means, and only offer ways to ensure he stays.

The Course says that we must meet our brother where he is..... and speak to him in a language he understands.  Saddam is where he is through brute force...... it is the only type of influence he allows.  Pray all you want...... love saddam all you want....... but if you really believe he MUST be removed...... then you must be willing to utilize the means for his removal.  The Course says that.

I ask that you at least acknowledge my commitment to my view of another way, a way that you cannot see right now.

Evidently you cannot see the other way either..... lest you would be able to express it.  You would allow the people of iraq to suffer for 10 or 20 more years...... while you try to develop your magic, and cling to your "relative peace."

You like saddam, and don't give a damn about the suffering people.  You want their suffering to continue...... all so you can retain your false notion of a "relative peace."

I hope a way will be shown to us, that we can accept together in love and rejoicing and not in further division.

The way is open...... for anybody willing to utilize the means.

Peace forever,
Amminadab

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2021 PD9 Software