Home Page
Home Page
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: TRULY A TEACHER IS ONE WHO IS SIMPLY BEING WITH EXCELLENCE AS A BROTHER TO HIS BROTHERS AND SISTERS ~ Raj
- (Added by: amena)

My apolagies for breaking a thread
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> The Gathering Place (TGP)Message format

Donna
Posted 2003-03-10 12:14 PM (#4649 - in reply to #4637)
Subject: By Example

Expert

yes using violence doesn't teach, i agree.

but having an opinion about someone else & what they are doing is futile even if you think you're right. what is important though, like you said, is to heal one's mind first about violence, or any other matter, so if you ever are inconsiderate towards another you are not free of violence yourself, so it's a double standard to take this stand against anyone. it's not about getting someone to agree with you, but it's about how you Be with another experientially without making blanket statements...no one cares except maybe the one who is also looking to find someone to agree with. it's not about agreement & being liked.

i'm not saying that we all don't do this, but suggest while we keep doing this we're ignoring each other and taking longer to wake up.

i know i don't want to kill anyone, so i don't. if we met and you ate meat, i would not tell you not too because i trust you are doing what you need to do. for me to blanket statement that you should't eat meat would be futile.

maedell, if i may use you here for an example! if you work around prisoners who have used physical violence as a way to relate to others, if maedell was not to tell them that violence is not cool, and shows them by example, by not using any violence of any kind against them, they'll get the idea. most importantly, of course we all use blanket statements but refraining from them, i think, would speed up our awakening. puts us more on a even note with each other as we all go through this awakening.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2021 PD9 Software