Home Page
Home Page
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: Do you prefer that you be right or happy? ~~ Text
- (Added by: Carson)

Question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> The Gathering Place (TGP)Message format

robbieh
Posted 2003-03-10 7:18 PM (#4687 - in reply to #4628)
Subject: Thanks Sharon

Expert

It is indeed going on elsewhere. I brought it up because it was an issue in the news that people are divided on and I was curious how students of the Course would see it.

I was a "victim" of sexual harassment in the Army. There was nothing I could do about it at the time. I was in a situation where I was given a bad evaluation for not accepting my superior officer's advances and it caused me to lose schooling and promotions. But, if I had reported it, this person would have been thrown out of the Army right along with me. She was gay. At the time I did not consider myself gay but I would have been tossed out anyway. I didn't care about staying in the military and it was her whole life. Also, I would have needed letters from the other people I worked with. No one wanted to get involved. I decided not to endanger the woman's career and ended up working for her again which bailed her out of a problem (short staffed) and she re-wrote my evaluation. I got my promotion, she stayed in the military and it all worked out. It isn't always that nice. I think we do need to speak out or stand up to all forms of mistreatment (but I don't mean start a war and blow up all the sexual harassers lol).
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2021 PD9 Software