Home Page
Home Page
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "I’ve decided that I’m going to approach this time with an expectation that the world is my ally, and I’m watching for it to identify it’s friendship, I’m watching for my good to unfold."-RAJ
- (Added by: Graeme)

Question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> The Gathering Place (TGP)Message format

Sharon
Posted 2003-03-10 9:14 AM (#4628 - in reply to #4573)
Subject: Hi Robbie,

Expert

Well I've only seen part of one program about this and read nothing... but from what I saw the women are being badly treated and disrespected. Being raped is  awful and  whoever is doing it needs to be treated in the same way they would be if they raped a fellow male soldier.  It would not be allowed.. period... and there would be severe jail time and eventually dishonorable discharge. It would be stopped. This is a form of terror and control, as well as disrespect.

Our world doesn't seem to move quickly in allowing change... Look what we've had to go through for equal rights, women's vote, letting go of prejudice of every kind. This is another kind of prejudice...  Some men are trying to show these women they don't belong there and if they don't leave they will be controlled in fear.

As I see it, the military is not doing enough to stop it. The men that run the armed services are sending a message to women in those actions or non-actions that they are still superior to women and women don't belong there. Of course not all men think this way.

Well, that is my thinking. I have no answers or solutions to what is helpful there... so my thinking about it doesn't mean much as I see it. Perhaps if enough women sent letters of protest to the heads of the military they would have to do something more.... I'll do that if someone gives me an address to send it to.

If it is going on in the Air Force Academy, it is going on elsewhere too.

Love,

Sharon

Edited by Sharon 2003-03-10 9:33 AM
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2021 PD9 Software