Home Page
Home Page
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Send out messengers for confirmation of this divine one that you are . . . and the divinity of your world. Let go of morbid fascination with the awfulness of existence. Abandon morbid fascination with conflict." ~~Raj
- (Added by: amena)

Chris Tuttle?...a little streaming from within...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> The Gathering Place (TGP)Message format

oko
Posted 2003-03-09 5:44 AM (#4498)
Subject: Chris Tuttle?...a little streaming from within...

Expert

...apropos what you shared...

...I don't get what I heard just now, but it's not the first time that I've gone and made a complete idiot of myself in this way...I'm getting used to being a total fool...

And sorry if this proves to be delusional rubbish...but taking risks is important to me.

Y'er t'is ~ my 'listening in'...I was 'got' by godness...no choice really but to listen...(as ever the bits in brackets are my inner ponderings/responses...the rest is what I hear. The stuff in square brackets is just info...)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(You…um…oh dear, this is silly using the word ‘you’…coz this is an All-we-be thing, isn’t it? Erm…‘You’ have been insistent about my writing this…even to the point of suggesting that I do it ‘live’ on the message board at PoP. [But I declined that one!] I was going to shut down the computer but the feeling came back again, too strong to ignore…so what gives?)

YOU do!

(Huh?)

The very gift of you…

(Oh, good heavens, I’ve just had the picture of the only boat I’ve ever experienced up close and personal and in dry dock. It was in the USA ~ Cambridge, Maryland ~ and I was painting the letters ‘ichthys’ (and the Christian fish symbol) on the back of the boat, because that was going to be the sailing boat’s name.

[‘Ichthys’ is the acrostic for Iēsous Christos Theou Hyios Sōtēr ~ Jesus Christ, of God the Son, Saviour: IXΘYΣ.]

I worked for two days solid, out in the hot sun ~ total bliss! The mosquito’s enjoyed having three-course meals of my blood too. I loved every moment of it. I had to work fast so that the clinker built sailing boat didn’t dry out and leave gaps in the wood that would then need fixing.

Hmmmm…

…and the point of this is…?)

Sometimes it’s best to get the boat out of the water because that’s the only way to do a beautiful job.

(Explain please…sounds a bit drastic to me…)

Sometimes you have to expose all that there is, in order for improvements to be made. You could not have claimed that the boat belonged to god [painted the fish] had you not dared to risk a problem with the boat needing subsequent repairs, could you?

You had to get it right out of the water and expose all its parts to the air.

THEN it could be beatified…

(And in actual fact the sailing boat had no subsequent problems…it went on to do races…lovely sleek vessel…it was stunning both in and out of the water…huge, awesome when it was exposed to the elements, up on dry land…and I saw it in a completely new light…)

It improved its functionality…

(How?)

It had a name and not just a number. IT COULD BE IDENTIFIED EASILY!

(Lord, this is getting a bit too cryptic for me…what’s ‘y/our’ point?)

Total exposure is the point. No covering up…hiding away…

Raw daring.

ULTIMATE TRUST.

(I’m sorry, I still don’t see…)

When a child wants a cut hand made better, he holds out his hand to his mum in order to get it properly cleaned/covered and loved. It can’t be done if the hand is kept in his trouser pocket!

(I’m sitting here totally blank…well I feel something about ‘asking’…?)

You have to indicate to mum exactly where the wound is…show it to her. You couldn’t have painted the transom without it having been lifted totally clear of the water and mounted on a special block, could you? And you were shown exactly where the IXΘYΣ was to be painted. That’s what I mean…

(Mmmmmm…is that it?)

I’m afraid so!

Now YOU must trust, despite that fact that none of this makes much sense to you…

(Mmm, we’ve been here before…and I guess it’s okay by me…it’s ALL-in-all and I’m not in charge of anything anyway…)

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2021 PD9 Software