Home Page
Home Page
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "REMEMBER: WITNESSING ON BEHALF OF YOUR BROTHER HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH LIKING OR DISLIKING HIM. IT HAS TO DO WITH CARING ENOUGH TO CONTEMPLATE THE TRUTH . . . RIGHT IN THE FACE OF HIS BEHAVIOR. THIS IS LOVE WHICH IS TRANSFORMATIONAL." ~~ Raj
- (Added by: amena)

reflections of a paramedic
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> The Gathering Place (TGP)Message format

Posted 2003-02-27 4:27 PM (#3607 - in reply to #3572)
Subject: Brothers and Sisters all

Hi guys,

Thanks for the comments....... I got up this morning and amongst other threads, read this one, cos I wanted to see what the heck I had written as well. LOL (I was werry werry tired at the time of writing) and I thought "Now where the heck did THAT come from"

I take great personal pride in my job, but never usually trumpet it, nor will I back away from it if asked. the feeling you get when you watch someone walk out from hospital and know that they are alve cos of the efforts of many people, or the buzz as you hold that wet little bundle of pink squawking life and wait for the pulsing of the mothers attachment to slow, before you cut the cord........thats just wow!!!!

I have in my career, trained hundreds of other para's, been at the top of middle management, and held advisory positions to senior management in subject expertise areas, but I always come back voluntarily to the road......... this is where its at.

Maybe that is the Father talking too me, I still struggle to 'understand' about guidance and getting quiet, although I think I understand the principles very clearly, especially about coming to the altar with an empty mind.

I used to teach my classes... "when you are working your guts out to save someone, when every stop is out and the team is rolling along, and that person doesnt make it, you know the instant they pass, you know somwhere deep inside that this one has gone, because a light in their eyes goes out" ..... that was 12 yrs ago....... and yet on a conscious level, in my mind, I never knew what I was saying........ writing this now is almost bringing me to tears.

I think I am realising the absolute truth in the fact that God is just sitting beside us, watching us toss and turn, knowing we are having a nightmare but not knowing the content of it, and he sits stroking our brow, from time to time, and just waiting for us to wake...... when we start to wake, he will hold us and murmer words of comfort.......even as we fight the waking up..... as we struggle to remain in the dream, cos we think its a nicer dream than waking up to the cold light of day........ but as his words get clearer, as we become more aware of the all pervading love of a parent.... we turn towards him, and will finally say... Hi dad, and relax safe in the strength of that love.

Thanks be to God, that I am in such loving sibling company.

Douglas
Through the Father to peace

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2021 PD9 Software