Home Page
Home Page
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "MAN! WHEN YOU PRAY, WHEN YOU ASK THE FATHER TO SHOW YOU SOMETHING, ASK HIM TO SHOW YOU A LOT! DON'T ASK FOR JUST A LITTLE BIT. ASK HIM TO REVEAL THE MAXIMUM THAT YOU CAN BEAR." ~~ Raj
- (Added by: amena)

Hello hello? Anybody out there?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> The Gathering Place (TGP)Message format

Tom S.
Posted 2003-02-27 1:14 PM (#3598 - in reply to #3592)
Subject: RE: I do have higher expectations of people in her

Veteran

personally, I don't believe broadcasting how much money I donate earns me any extra points in heaven. Yet having made that statement infers that I have donated in the past(at least); and so, since I did broadcast it, I guess this insane ego of mine wins another point against myself...well congrats, ego. I understand Sandra's frustration completely. If "giving" is engineered by guilt, it is no longer giving but coercive manipulation.. Unless I have completely missed the mark, I always thought the Course was intended to help us out of this dream by proclaiming our innocence not guilt. We do what we can do when we are comfortable with it. I can't help feel, as Sandra does, that constant pushing to monetarily do more can be construed as subtle attempts to engineer guilt and therefore fear. If I were capable of giving 100% of every nickel I had, would I be free of guilt? No, said this #%@$@ing ego, "find another way to make more money so you can give more". It is wonderful thing that some are capable of giving their entire unemployment check to the "cause", but that unemployment check comes from the taxes my family pays each and every year...and please don’t misunderstand, I am grateful we are capable of paying taxes. Am I REALLY "grateful"? Hell, I don’t know. I already have enough guilt to digest, I really don’t need another bite of this crummy guiltcake.

As far as spiritually esoteric messages go, complete with hidden meanings and all the ethereal trimmings, I don’t recall anyone ever accusing another of being spiritually the "lesser". And even though I obviously have not understood what Jesus taught, via demonstration, or with parables, I don’t accuse him of trying to stand too tall above the rest of us commoners. I try to learn what he has and is saying... to gain from it...not tear it down or write it off as some form of self-inflating, meaningless silt at the bottom of a carp-infested river. And I really find it difficult to believe that "getting off the fence" (the theme of late) has anything to do with a license to assert deafening judgmental accusations stuck on interminable replay and then feel "A-OKAY" about it just because we're "getting off the fence". It is almost like this "getting off the fence" ritual has just provided the means for some people to just attack anything and everything they don't agree with or feel in their OWN best judgment is "wrong".

Robbieh, I do believe your post was intended to be very beneficial and therefore I do thank you, but sometimes these self-righteous diatribes get to be too much (including my own) and so I have to vent a little frustration...and I'm not yelling at you...I'm yelling at EVERYONE. Forgive me, okay? I do think the world of you and hope when you get it, you will explain it to me. Wow, if I’m not here tomorrow I guess lightening struck me dead, and so...oh, who pushed this button? SOMEBODY wake me up, no wonder I look in a mirror and cringe.

yours truly, (LOL...feeling better, mr tom's ego? "not really, you can bite me too"...he said...to his ego.)

Tom

Ps; Sandra, PLEASE come back...we need you more than you know! It 'ain't over till its over, now'!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2021 PD9 Software