Home Page
Home Page
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "You have a responsibility, because what you think has its affect - and you cannot get away from that." ~ Raj
- (Added by: amena)

Hello hello? Anybody out there?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> The Gathering Place (TGP)Message format

Phoenix
Posted 2004-02-24 2:56 PM (#29635 - in reply to #29624)
Subject: A personal meaning of GIFT

Elite Veteran

Hi Pauline, You know I really connected with what Raj was saying about "gifting". And I also know I haven't yet seen that truth spill out into every aspect of my life and into a new habit of relating to life, but I am beginning to see differently and that realization is growing.

What I'd like to share is my experience of what this "gifting" is.  When I give to someone, purely out of love, whether that be a kind word, or tolerance, or money, or a material object, or a hug... the act of giving this, without any expectation or need for anything in return, fills me with such joy that I can totally connect with the awareness that giving does not deplete the giver but only multiplies the gift for all.

The form of the gift doesn't matter, because what's being given is not the form.  What's being given is the IDEA that love and abundance is real, and fear and scarcity is not. When this IDEA is given, it is shared, where both the giver and the receiver maintain the gift.

I know this is true because every time I give from the heart, with love and without strings, I am overjoyed and I am equally blessed in the abundance of the gift.

Julie

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2021 PD9 Software