Home Page
Home Page
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "HUMILITY IS THE WILLINGNESS TO RELEASE THE STIMULATING DYNAMIC OF CONFLICT, CHAOS, AND THE SURMOUNTING OF IT." ~~ Raj
- (Added by: Paul Tuttle)

Life selection
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> The Gathering Place (TGP)Message format

Sandra
Posted 2003-02-26 5:48 AM (#3437 - in reply to #3431)
Subject: RE: Life selection

Elite Veteran

Hi Terrell...

Thanks for your comments. Differing viewpoints make for stimulating conversation. If everyone agrees, there's not much to talk about, is there.

"Accept no compromise and throw that book away"

I'm betting you come from a church-going Christian bible background...

I try not to close my mind down because I never know where my next "aha" may come from. And I'm surely not saying this book from which I quoted is some big TRUTH book. I can read it with curousity, I may say "isn't that an interesting way of looking at it", or after a few pages I put it down. But I try not to blindly limit myself.

I try to be open to new understandings no matter what kind of language is used. (I'm not always successful) And I also keep in mind that these comments are coming from people who may not be able to describe things exactly the way they are...if they're dealing with something they have no knowledge of, no language to use, then they must express themselves using the language and what they do know about it to get a "best shot" at the description.

I found that this book has helped me a great deal in the belief of God and the hereafter. I don't call that bad.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2021 PD9 Software