Home Page
Home Page
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: I have no self except the Christ in me. ~~ Wkb
- (Added by: Carson)

Response to Maggie Re: Zen
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> The Gathering Place (TGP)Message format

Maggie
Posted 2003-02-25 7:56 PM (#3417 - in reply to #3394)
Subject: It's A Good Thing...

Expert

It’s said that you don’t possess your possessions, they possess you. Maybe this is true of even one bowl. The Course says that the ego believes that to possess a thing, it must be kept. I guess if I have anything left to say, before I start looking like Martha Stewart, it would be to remember that we don’t need to keep, hold, or put something in our homes to possess it. There is such expression of the creativity of God through His Son. All the arts, expressed in every culture, reek of Divinity. The amazing visual expressions of the graphic arts world-wide, the funny-ness of comedy, the incredible facility of using sound in music to embody emotional meaning. The curiosity of science. The power of the consciousness we see in our brothers, whether we agree with them or not. None of this can be bought, hung on the wall or kept in any real way, any more than conquerors conquer the land they think they do. But it’s all right there for maximum enjoyment. Raj said something that I’m only beginning to comprehend...it’s all like me. Now, Martha notwithstanding, that’s HOME Décor!! (And very Zen.)

Edited by Maggie 2003-02-25 8:02 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2021 PD9 Software