Home Page
Home Page
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "You know you can talk about forgiveness till you’re blue in the face and everyone’s sick and tired of it, but you can be the absence of judgment wordlessly and everyone feels forgiven."-RAJ
- (Added by: Graeme)

Tyranny and War
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> The Gathering Place (TGP)Message format

Amminadab
Posted 2003-02-26 2:16 PM (#3485 - in reply to #3384)
Subject: The Journey's End

Originally written by Rissey on 2003-02-26 11:37 AM

I was told yesterday that Saddam says he is well within UN restrictions on the weapons he has in his country. The inspectors at this point have not confirmed that he has anything other than this, but suspect he may.

We are talking about specific missles which the head weapons inspector says MUST be destroyed because they violate the limitations placed on him by the UN.  Saddam says they do not violate the limitations, and he won't allow them to be destroyed.  Now what?

Do we throw a man in prison for a crime he is "suspected" of, or do we get proof?

The missles exist. How much proof do you need?  Using poison gas on his own people was enough proof for me.

Or is it that we should just have war with him cause nothing that comes from his mouth is the truth,

You obviously do not care in the least how he treats his own people. Or that he makes war against his neighbors, and financially supports suicide attackers. This man embraces everything you abhor..... murder, torture, inhumanity...... yet you would protect him..... keep him in place...... allow his tyranny..... as long as it is not you who suffer.

ammi: Within your mind exists tyranny and war. This is undeniable.

rissey: you do not know what's in my mind Ammi. You have absolutely no idea how I see it all

And now you would deny the undeniable.

Many wars have taken place that had NOTHING to do with tyranny.

Impossible. Name three.

Have you ever stood in front of another man who had an M16 pointed in your face?

I am well familiar with the M16....... as well as the XM16. I have also stood face to face with death.  What is it you would teach me?

Do you think that someone out here might not be thinking for a moment that this is all an illusion? Until I am finished with this journey, that illusion is my reality.

Why?  Why do you choose illusion as your reality? The journey is over..... when illusions are at last laid down.  The awake harbor no illusions.

This is not said in order that you and I will be in a debate Ammi. I am just sharing my thoughts. There would be no point in coming back at me to prove I am so wrong. I don't care if I am right or wrong. It's just my thoughts.

You are very defensive for claiming not to care.

Peace forever,
Amminadab

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2021 PD9 Software