Home Page
Home Page
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "THY WILL BE DONE ...means... LET THE REIGN OF DIVINE TRUTH, DIVINE LIFE AND DIVINE LOVE BE ESTABLISHED IN ME AND RULE OUT OF ME ALL SELF WILL ...AND MAY THY WORD ENRICH THE AFFECTIONS OF ALL MANKIND AND GOVERN THEM." ~~ Raj

Tyranny and War
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> The Gathering Place (TGP)Message format

oko
Posted 2003-02-26 1:31 AM (#3434 - in reply to #3420)
Subject: RE: Tyranny and War ~ Trish (ammi)

Expert

I loved your post Trish...for there was much love in it...compassion and insight…at least from my small window on the world, there was.

There really are no victims. But it doesn't mean we fail to feel deeply, deeply moved by suffering and feel compelled to DO something to help, does it? (sorry...I used a double negative!)

And all the time you help someone, you just know that there’s so much more to life than is currently being accepted by them …so, so much more.

All this needless pain. I AM so very moved by that… All this love refused…(and alas I am in there too, in that refusal…)

(It was interesting how Hitler roused the crowds with his rhetoric...and yet he despised the very people he stirred up...he thought them stupid to fall for what he himself was saying...and when you unpack Hitler’s words and read them in the cold light of day...they are "full of sound and fury, signifying..." well…a lot of nationalistic, ego stroking rubbish. It was as if Hitler knew all the time, at some level, how nuts everything was, how pathetic the ego…there’s was a kind of maniacal wisdom in all his insanity…I for one am not at all surprised that he is now awake…he was playing out, very loudly, OUR collective drama ~ victim and victimiser…as are the Iraqi’s and Saddam…who are the rest of us all.)

Saddam really is us-expressed…on a bad day, and all the suffering Iraqi’s are like our own victim mindset stuff…and it takes indefatigable love to transmute both these mindsets. (Ammi is right here…the solution is divine Mind-power ~ i.e. Divine Intent…the gift of godness. And it’s then reflected in how we think as a consequence of that “…for there is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so…” How very Zen of Shakespeare! …And it’s in what we do, most of all.)

Killing is love-refused. It’s human histrionics demonstrated again and again ~ the thwarted infantile-reaction of the human species.

Are we really going to solve killing with yet more of the same?

How stupid is that?

I perceived much **correction** from ammi’s post… I, once again, felt like I was lined up in a military parade whilst the Sear’ Major strutted up and down giving the spiritual troops a pep-talk…I kinda squirmed a bit…

But what of love (I kept asking myself out loud) in this pep talk…I wonder…what of **hands-on** compassion…?

I wonder…Ammi do you give the suffering your words of wisdom each day, or do you give food, cuddles, practical help **each day**… in the form of very **tangible** love…to those that feel themselves to be victims?

What do you **do**, (besides correct us from a theoretical standpoint)? I want to hear some down to earth stuff…action…hands on experience of alleviating suffering…not mere oratory…(even Hitler managed to do that much)! Stuff like Heather posted recently...

Godness heaving up the correction in day to day, plain, ACTION!

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2021 PD9 Software