Home Page
Home Page
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "you are right now the ultimate Christ.... nothing more or less than what God is originating right where you are moment by moment by moment as you are experiencing time." ~ Raj
- (Added by: amena)

Tyranny and War
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> The Gathering Place (TGP)Message format

Amminadab
Posted 2003-02-26 12:40 AM (#3433 - in reply to #3428)
Subject: Personal Pronouns

Originally written by Maggie on 2003-02-25 9:53 PM

Amminadab, Who's this YOU that you keep referring to at the top of this thread?

Don't look for word games where there are none....... it refers to you, babe.  "YOU" refers to you.

You are speaking about what you see, but you describe what’s happening as the dense collection of the thoughts of others.

Others?  Did i even mention others? By what twist of mind does "you" refer to other?  Are you other?  Maggie, my dear....... only two things exist in all the varied Universe....... you and not-you.  By definition, "other" would have to refer to "not-you"...... so you can't be other....... else you would be not-you. Hmmmmm?

It sounds like you are holding others responsible for what you see, and then saying they are irresponsible for not seeing that the problems you see are caused by them. You have stopped making sense.

Lol.  I couldn't quite follow your above sentence...... so i rewrote it in a manner of simplification:

"It sounds like YOU are holding NOT-YOU responsible for what YOU see, and then saying NOT-YOU is irresponsible for not seeing that the problems YOU see are caused by NOT-YOU."

Ok....... it may seem to you like i'm playing word games, but i'm not.  My translation makes it clear that you have mis-understood.  I will now make two corrections:

"YOU are holding NOT-YOU responsible for what YOU see. YOU are irresponsible for not seeing that the problems YOU see are NOT caused by NOT-YOU."

Does that make better sense? You are holding others responsible for what you see. By holding others responsible, you are shirking responsibility for what is caused by you.  Simple. The Course calls this "projection".

Yes, there is a world situation. Nobody's denying it. We all see it and we all have to deal with it.

I don't see that. I see many people who want to preserve the status quo. Many here want to do all manner of things EXCEPT deal with the problem. "Peace at all costs"...... is chamberlain revisited.  So many want to deal with it LATER..... but NOW is the time.

But it’s not about a YOU who stands above and beyond it, and an US who caused it. You see it. Where's your responsibility in causing it?

Why get caught up in personal pronouns?  What is the difference between you and i? Only two thing exist in all the Universe....... me and not-me.  Where do you think you fit in, my dear?

Peace forever,
Amminadab

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2021 PD9 Software