Home Page
Home Page
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: Divine Love always has met, and always will meet, every human need. Mary Baker Eddy
- (Added by: Sun~Rose)

Tyranny and War
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> The Gathering Place (TGP)Message format

sam
Posted 2003-02-25 4:35 PM (#3391 - in reply to #3384)
Subject: RE: Tyranny and War

Veteran

Dear Amminadab,

>>Within your mind exists tyranny and war. This is undeniable. The world, as a reflection of your thoughts, manifests this tyranny and war...... in a various multitude of ghastly inhumanities and personal sufferings. It is YOUR dream...... it is YOUR mind..... they are YOUR thoughts...... and YOU...... are the Dreamer.... of every sick atrocity that has ever been.<<

Ammi,

Being that I exist in your mind, could you kindly change your dream a bit and improve things? I could use a couple of bucks and some mansions of my own, my mother drives me crazy as well and doesn't cotton to this 'observer is the observed' thing one bit. How 'bout redreaming this stuff on my behalf, the one you dreamed has gotten two thumbs down from Siskel and Ebert as well as me!

I am kidding with you of course, and do not mean to detract from the importance of what you are saying. The observations that you are the world is fundamental before the mind can cease its division and receive any kind of real clarity or direct perception of what the problem is.

The horridness of Tyranny of any sort cannot be disputed, but to be without condemnation allows one to deal with a situation in a way that is humane. Tyranny exists the moment we allow another authority over God's creation.

The problems/tyrants that exist in one's mind, be it Sadaam, one's Boss or the need to keep up with the Jones'. To face the problem of Sadaam, will eliminate that particular form of tyranny for a time. But to elimate tyranny itself takes, as you said, the willingness to look at how tyranny occurs in the self (aint nobody special in that either)and the ability to free oneself from it, in order to show that it is possible. As the course says, the unredeemed cannot redeem. Until this is done, dealing with the Sadaams of the world with be an ever occurring problem.

Thanks for your post(s), here's to a free mind.

Regards,

Sam

Edited by sam 2003-02-25 4:43 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2021 PD9 Software