Home Page
Home Page
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "we're talking about having a new fixation. not a fixation on yourself... on your visions and imaginations.... but a fixation of God........ by looking for God in everything you see and desiring to see what God is meaning right there in the flower or your brothers eyes..... and facilitate that movement by disengaging in criticism and guilt." ~ Raj
- (Added by: amena)

letting go of attachments
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> The Gathering Place (TGP)Message format

robbieh
Posted 2003-02-25 10:15 PM (#3429 - in reply to #3408)
Subject: RE: Congrats!

Expert

Last summer, I went on the trip of a lifetime with a friend rafting down the Colorado River through the Grand Canyon. I am an avid photographer and had taken several hundred photos on my digital camera. On the last leg of the trip, I discovered that my photo chips were missing meaning I lost all my photographs. I was devastated. I searched every where in that raft... nothing. My heart sunk and I became very quiet for about an hour. Then it dawned on me that nothing could take away the memories of that vacation and that if I didn't snap out of it, I would ruin not only my trip but that of my friend. So, I pulled my ass out of the hole and cheered up. I told Ann that it was ok and it wasn't going to ruin the rest of the trip. I let go of the photos and for lack of better words... gave it to God. As soon as I really did that, I knew I would get the photos back and told that to Ann. On the bus ride back to Las Vegas, the entire group exchanged addresses and emails promising to send me a copy of their photos. It made me cry. It was like God fixed it so that I would get 10 times the photos I lost. The next day as we came out to board the bus to the airport to go home, the tour director said I owed him a hug. He said it just bothered him so much that he called the raft company to ask one more time if they could look for the digital chips. They said oh, is that what this little blue container is? They mailed my pictures to me about a week later undamaged. All the people on my boat looked everywhere for those photos... they were not there. That was a big wonderful lesson as you will find out very soon for your ownself. That is why I say I am very curious to see what will happen for you :-)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2021 PD9 Software