Home Page
Home Page
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "be vitally curious to see your perceptions transformed... be curious and alert for any manifestation of a change in which you are experiencing the absolute and direct connection with everything." ~ Raj
- (Added by: amena)

letting go of attachments
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> The Gathering Place (TGP)Message format

Posted 2003-02-25 6:58 AM (#3367 - in reply to #3366)
Subject: What Works.

Hi Doug,

Most impressed with your message. The words are an affirmation for and of right-mindedness.

Since a transformational personal revelation occurred for me in November, I have changed my life completely.

All along, I was working my way towards Change, and noting some resultant manifestation in my world, yet, the outcomes were blurry and sluggish.

Since that time I took the lesson "I need do nothing," in hand, meaning, everything I do I will do as directed by the Holy Spirit.

And did I ever find myself getting busy taking the initiative---applying many of my own talents and gifts towards my personal inner journey, and utilizing the spiritual Understanding I had as a foundation for my decisions.

I made personal apologies and amends, and offered forgiveness in every avenue in my life. I made a determination to truly accept the Call of Love, and do as Jesus had taught me, for which in the past I hesitated.

I left relationships, prior to which I made certain the individuals involved were no longer interested, and entered dynamic new ones. I decided that surrounding myself with affection, love, hugs, and kisses, affirmations, and confirmations, was just as easy as surrounding myself with people who just didn't give a damn, or were emotionally catatonic and paralytic, as they wait for some mysterious threshold to appear before their eyes.

As far as legal marriage is concerned, I am still legally married, yet, we chose to end our personal relationship long ago.

What I have seen through all of this is more respect from my housemate for me, more understanding of personal freedom, and responsibility, as we each seek to expand our lives, and move towards moving apart.

And all of this did include money. I decided that money should not, and would not, define my personal happiness or freedom. I viewed it merely as part of my experience in time. Instead I focused on my career, and healing my relationships there.

In doing all this, suddenly dramatic effects occurred. My income at work easily increased by 20,000 a year. My relationships changed, and even some loves of the past re-entered my life.

My housemate seems more thrilled with his own world, and finally seems to be going in a direction which will be fulfilling for him in the future, as well. My healing it seems has touched him as well.

What has worked for me is taking Jesus Hand, listening to the Voice, and frankly, standing up and moving, moving in a kind of motion which is offering some information to my Universe of my needs, and what needs to fill them. Ask and you shall receive, and so it has been done.

Yet, I learned, one cannot sit in fears and concerns as to money, relationships, and whatever one deems to make as obstacles in one's life. You must view such circumstances, determine what you want, and begin to surround yourself with exactly what you need.

Then the miracles create the rest.

God wants me to be happy, not dragged down by people who dwell in misery, with focus on insanity, or money problems which are only the result of my focus on dollars instead of expanding in a spiritual sense of doing more of what I love to do.

The Answer to Life, it seems, is first standing up and moving, then, offering yourself a little courage, then trusting what you need is in front of you, then, using the Holy Spirit as you pursue whatever avenues seem to be gateways to your life.

I have known students of the Course who simply sit, and decide to wait for the Holy Spirit to bring them what they need. This simply doesn't work. Whether it be loving relationships, or money, one needs to offer an extension of Love to the World, and then, one realizes, everything was there just for the asking.

It reminds me of my summer garden. Once I have nurtured one snap dragon to bloom, all the plants flourish. Love generalizes itself in miraculous ways, and then manifests itself in beauty and glory.

Jeanette
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2021 PD9 Software