Home Page
Home Page
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: How could anyone ever tell Us we were less than beautiful? How could anyone ever tell Us we were less than Soul? How could anyone fail to notice that Our Loving is a miracle -- how deeply We're connected to the Whole. w/thanks to Libby Roderick
- (Added by: Sun~Rose)

letting go of attachments
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> The Gathering Place (TGP)Message format

Posted 2003-02-25 6:10 AM (#3366)
Subject: letting go of attachments

An odd thing happened to me today. This morning my ex wife rang me, we are not yet divorced and the property settlement has not yet been done, because she wont send me the papers that I have said she can have whatever she wants and I will sign. Hmmm. one of those "things" is a mobile carpet cleaning business, that she wants to retain, and use, and eventually sell, and keep all the profit. I said yes to that one ages ago.

This morning she rang me, and said "your not going to be happy with what I have to tell you" ...... "Oh?, go on" I said...... then she informs me that because she has not been servicing the debt on the business, that she had received a letter demanding full payment of 16000 Dollars within 7 days or we will be sued. As we are still legally an entity, thus both liable.

In days past I would have blown, but this morning there was not even the tiniest ripple of disturbance to my inner peace. My reply wasn't to her liking though, I said "Oh, cel a vie...... how's the kids?"

I have thought of this all day, and realize that the prospect of having to lose a considerable amount of money, is just not worth the angst....... and my choice is to let it go.... this is definatly a great change for me.

money and being sued is so much bull...... its just another way to believe I am separate, discrete, and autonomous and have 'needs' when the truth is I don't. I spent some time in meditation, in quiet with an empty mind, and asked "Father how should I be with this? am I being right by not fighting for my 'rights'?" I heard nothing, but I felt a growing of my peace. this I take to be my answer.

all day, I have been happy, light, enjoying life, and with out a worry in my mind. I do like the course when I apply it most fully.

just thought I would share my happiness. wonder what tomorrow will bring me, I am sure its going to be exciting.

Namaste all
Douglas
Through peace to Peace

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2021 PD9 Software