Home Page
Home Page
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: Accepting the Atonement for yourself means not to give support to someone's dream of sickness and of death. ~~ Text
- (Added by: Carson)

((((Amena, Dougy))))
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> The Gathering Place (TGP)Message format

Posted 2003-02-24 8:14 PM (#3328 - in reply to #3326)
Subject: Interesting Zen/The father

As I was reading this lovely reply, I began to remember and hear the voice of my old Sensei, Richard, and how insistent he was that what the Aikido and I think Zen referred to as the "One point" that point is approx One finger width below the navel, is what we refer to when we talk of the heart, and is the seat of all wisdom.... in other words the home of the Father within us.

I also remembered that in the motion of Aikido, the balance was achieved in "Joining with" your attacker...... not in opposing him........ interesting when you think of the way of the course and Raj...... to join "with" your enemy is to love him, and to be one with him and to guide the flow bring both to a place of no action... without violence....... then in that moment of no action peace can be found. In essence Aikido neutralizes the aggression and doesn't destroy the aggressor....... sound sort of like what many of us are saying here.......Yes we need to neutralize Saddam, but we do not need to destroy Baghdad to the Iraqi people, who have done nothing, in order to achieve that neutralization.

I wonder if we could achieve this neutralization of the other aggressor.. GW as well as SH...... hmmm... peace without destruction... I think it can be done.

Thank you Maggie

Douglas
through peace to Peace

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2021 PD9 Software