Home Page
Home Page
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: All thinking is an extension of the need to create yourself by virtue of independent self assertion in order to make yourself knowable on your terms instead of the terms of creation. -Raj (July 13th, 2008)
- (Added by: Stefanie Finn)

One Couple's "Vote"
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> The Gathering Place (TGP)Message format

sam
Posted 2003-02-25 3:55 PM (#3388 - in reply to #3370)
Subject: RE: One Couple's "Vote"

Veteran

Hi Trish,

Thank you for your response. Realizing that there are times when we have to take a stand for Truth, and risk what goes along with that. I was just wondering at how this can be misused. As the article noted regarding GB and his recent behavior, who is to say that he is not just 'being the light of the world' rather than simply displaying dangerous ego traits? (We can see them operating in the need to defend his stance, the way the press deals with it, but his job and the means of politics requires that of him to a large degree, and I mean no criticism to George Bush himself, I wouldn't want the job.)

It just brought up some stuff about being concluded, and the refusal to compromise or be open to another way, or that there may be a way that we don't yet know. When does this close the door to transformation rather allow for it, give off to a hero/savior mentality, but with the belief that one is embodying Truth?

Probably we shouldn't worry about it, but if I had not had my ego in most things more often than allow for a miracle, I wouldn't have brought it up.

(I know my ego takes hold of some of this stuff to use for its purposes). The 'idea' of I am not vulnerable is of no use until one truly knows the actuality of it. As long as there is an image, that image can be harmed.

I just know that I have beat myself up with the should be's rather than the what is's because I felt I should somehow, if doing this course correctly, experience this invulnerability, but wasn't and therefore needed to trying harder! (laugh!) This is not to say that the course isn't correct about the invulnerability. It can become a game of thought and idea, which is to work oneself up to 'believe' they are the salvation of the world' or are invulnerable, (I don't know many who would wholey share that idea with me can be a dangerous game which accomplishes nothing.

Your perspective is most helpful, and Douglas' as well. Unfortunately, grandiosity comes as naturally to me as drinking water, so I am constantly amazed at everyone else who just seems to get this stuff the first time out and have never hung themselves with it. Good for you. (I mean that with sincerity and a smile, y'all amaze me).

Thanks for discussing this. I hope this doesn't sound like a downer, it wasn't meant to, it just opened an issue for me.

Regards and Blessings,

sam

Edited by sam 2003-02-27 1:02 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2021 PD9 Software