Home Page
Home Page
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: BE WILLING TO USE YOUR BROTHER FOR THE PURPOSE OF RECOGNIZING THE CHRIST IN HIM........ AND THEREFORE THE CHRIST IN YOU ~ Raj
- (Added by: amena)

One Couple's "Vote"
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> The Gathering Place (TGP)Message format

sam
Posted 2003-02-24 8:11 PM (#3327 - in reply to #3317)
Subject: RE: One Couple's "Vote"

Veteran

Dear Trish,

Thank you for posting this. I found it very interesting in that the rhetoric of 'axis of evil' and 'fighting evil' that has come out of this administration (Reagan liked using 'the evil empire to describe Russia) has always bothered me, and while it may seemingly, to them, put them on the side of righteousness and rightness, I have felt using such provocative language did not lend well to their credibility (interesting how defenses do what they were made to defend). It is also interesting how like we become to those we battle against (The U.S. is, after all, the Great Satan).

All that aside, what caught me most in the article was the Savior/Hero archetype and the feelings of invulnerability that went along with it. Many times when doing the course, when I came upon the lesson 'I am the salvation of the world', or the course teaching that we are invulnerable, I have felt that somehow this was a bit dangerous psychologically and end up backing down from the lessons because of fear of becomeing totally outrageous.

This is not intended as criticism of the course, but looking for some clarity. I was wondering if anyone else had felt this or if someone had another way of looking at what is meant or how it actualized for them.

The ego does so want to run away with this stuff. I have felt happiest, the most free and in integrity when I have felt 'right sized' - in proportion with the world and most able to participate in it effectively when those moments have been, than at any time of feeling I had to somehow be bigger than I was - which saving the world, being invulnerable or the light of the world denotes to me. Always had trouble with those lessons, and would invite comments as pertains to what was elluded to in the above 'Letter from one couple'.

Regards,

sam

Edited by sam 2003-02-24 8:15 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2021 PD9 Software