Home Page
Home Page
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "The words, which arise out of the ego, always have as their goal the promotion of conflict and reaction, and directly engage the ego in the recipient." ~ Raj
- (Added by: amena)

Finding the guts to say NO
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> The Gathering Place (TGP)Message format

Field of Flowers
Posted 2003-02-26 12:27 PM (#3473 - in reply to #3435)
Subject: Thank you Erica

Expert

I do as much as I can without jeopardizing my position. I see little sense in aggravating the staff, as at the moment they will listen to my complaints and do something about them.
They also know that if they are feeling stressed, (which is most of the time) I will give them healing. And if they have any aches and pains I will give them a quick massage.

I have now been given permission by the owner to get clean clothes if I feel someone needs them. And anything else like blankets.
Normally aromatherapists and people who only visit the homes, i.e. hairdressers, chiropodists, are expected to stick to there jobs and not 'interfere.'
I am trying to build up an aura of trust with the staff, in my helping out here and there, rather than have them think "Oh God what's she fussing about now!!"
In the last two homes I worked in, the staff resented my taking it upon myself to help out and I felt so uncomfortable, that I left.
So this time I'm being a little more canny and it seems to be working.
Sweet thoughts
Heather

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2021 PD9 Software