Home Page
Home Page
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: Teacher of God, your one assignment could be stated thus: Accept no compromise in which death plays a part.~~ MFT
- (Added by: Carson)

Finding the guts to say NO
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> The Gathering Place (TGP)Message format

Field of Flowers
Posted 2003-02-25 11:42 AM (#3376 - in reply to #3361)
Subject: RE: sigh

Expert

Dear Robbieh,I did report my findings to the home owner and as I said in my first post, 'She listened sympathetically and agreed with my observations saying that no matter how much the staff are trained, they still forget their training. She promised to speak to them and also asked me to tell her personally if I saw anything that I felt needed her attention in the future.'
With regard to 'what if it had been my mother etc'
I said in my second post that 'I treat all the residents as I would my own parents etc.'
And with regard to saying is it really worth keeping my job
if the home has no compassion?
My answer to that is that I take my light to the darkness where it is needed.
There is a great deal of compassion in the home, there just isn't the level of compassion that comes up to my standards.
But then maybe I'm too compassionate, if there is such a thing.
I think that the point of my story has been missed, but as I'm not very clever with words I probably didn't express myself very well.
The point was that I turned to the alter and asked for guidance in the day ahead....saw a situation that offended me...didn't have the guts to face the owner because I don't like confrontation....so God in his wisdom brought the owner to me, and whilst she engaged me in conversation, God kept prodding or nudging me to tell her what I'd seen.
And finally I found the courage to speak.
And she promised to take the matter in hand.
From reading your many posts it is obvious that you have no difficulty in standing up for yourself and championing any cause that you feel strongly about. And I admire you greatly for it.
Please have compassion for those who are not as certain of themselves as you are.
However I'm getting there...slowly.
Sweet thoughts
Heather

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2021 PD9 Software