Home Page
Home Page
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: Always say "YES" to the present moment. Tolle
- (Added by: Field of Flowers)

Finding the guts to say NO
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> The Gathering Place (TGP)Message format

Field of Flowers
Posted 2003-02-25 1:12 AM (#3354 - in reply to #3343)
Subject: RE: Finding the guts to say NO

Expert

Robbieh, I must defend the carers in the homes I work in.
In my position as aromatherapist I am able to quietly observe whilst getting on with my job. I have found no cruelty or abuse by my understanding of the words. It's just that they are young and do not seem to be able to put themselves in the position of the residents. The homes are also understaffed because the work is hard and the pay is poor.
As a registered healer I am aware of the residents discomfort and literally FEEL for them, unconsciously reading their body language. I get cold easily, so I am aware of the look of someone who is chilly. I used to wet my pants as a child and so I know how it feels to have cold wet clothing on my body.
I am left alone with the residents and have the time to watch and listen to them. Some of them can converse a little and I hear about their discomfort.
The girls are simply thoughtless, putting their own desires before the residents immediate needs.
I'm probably too soft, I can't bear suffering and so I react quickly to alleviate it.
I treat all the residents as I would my own parents and I think that the staff should be trained to think this way too.
Most of the girls are good carers, kind and sympathetic. A few need to realize that they're being paid to do a job and that they should pay attention to what they're doing. That the residents comfort is their first concern.
I know that this is ego, but I wish I could buy the homes and run them to my standards. I'd cosset and coddle them, making their last years happy and full of love.
Sweet thoughts
Heather

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2021 PD9 Software