Home Page
Home Page
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: Let your attention come fully into the present, so that the Real can displace the unreal. (Raj)
- (Added by: Stefanie Finn)

Tip of the iceberg
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> The Gathering Place (TGP)Message format

James
Posted 2003-02-24 12:05 AM (#3246)
Subject: Tip of the iceberg

Veteran

Ammi,

Wow james....... you seem to be the propaganda minister.

Not so. Only in your imagination. What I offered was information "for your consideration". Now that means to me you can read it or not, agree with it or not. I did not elicit agreement with my assessment of it, for I offered none. If it stimulated anyone to be curious about what it said, and do their own research for more evidence, fine. If not, fine. Propaganda? I have no idea what you mean by that word. Webster's has it: "the spreading of ideas, information, or rumor for the purpose of helping or injuring an institution, a cause, or a person."  

That is not my intent.

Apparently george w is an evil monster bent on domination..... and saddam is just a helpless dupe that happens to be in his path...... a world hero..... standing strong against oppression by a super-power.

"Evil monster"...your word, not mine. I do not hold GWB in that dark. I hold him, as a brother, in the light. I do not agree with the direction he is taking this country. I am called, in my peace, to say a very solid "NO" to an agenda that I see as "unintelligent, unloving, unprincipled, and unkind"....

I say the same for Saddam: "NO" from the tips of my toes.....

A "helpless dupe....a world hero...standing strong against oppression...."

Perhaps you ought to run a check on your imagination. Your words, not mine...nor, I might add, are such absurdities found in the material I offered this forum.

So i guess i have only one question for you....... and i implore you to answer it for me.

What do we do to help the iraqi people? 

Keeping a strong and bigger inspections team working to discover and destroy the weapons...that was effective for a few years after the Gulf War. Then to address the human rights issue of the Iraqi people. Greater and greater pressure, united and strong, globally, can be brought to bear on Saddam if the UN can act in strong accord.  Certainly, with a large and effective inspection team present, SH's treatment of his people can be monitored more closely from this point on.  At this point that is all I can suggest. I will continue to ask for more clarity on what we can do.

What I do in the Silence is to see Saddam as a Son of God, as my brother, and I speak to him as I am given the words. Perhaps if a great many of his brothers and sisters did this, there would be a miracle of healing. It is possible. I hold the Iraqi people in the light and love of Christ, as I do "all my relations" everywhere.

None of your articles ever mention the sufferings of the iraqi people..

That means simply that I have not mentioned their sufferings here. What do you imagine that implies?  You imagine it imples that.......... it is as if they do not exist...... or that their pain is meaningless to you. 

Your imaginings again....what am I supposed to say to such a litany of suppositions?

Nothing more.

It seems as if your only concern is some fucked-up conception of what you think is peace..... but isn't.

It is not my only concern.

James

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2021 PD9 Software