Home Page
Home Page
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "You must be what you would see and give what you would have. If you would have more substance, you must share more substance. If you point the finger at another part of the garden and illuminate its lack, the bleakness of your gift diminishes the beauty of the part of the garden you are in." ~ Raj
- (Added by: amena)

No Such Thing As Race - Genetic Studies Say
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> The Gathering Place (TGP)Message format

Tom S.
Posted 2003-02-24 8:32 AM (#3267 - in reply to #3249)
Subject: RE: observations

Veteran

hi all;

It is interesting to note that all of evolution from the "big bang" on (approx 16 billion years) brought us to the conclusion one hundred years ago that when trying to figure out the universe, its various forces, and what makes it "tick" etc, the one absolute truth was that space and time were independent and fixed in a cosmological sense. Then "one man", Einstein, decided to let go of mutually agreed upon assumptions and bingo...enter 'special relativity' and the assertion that ONLY the speed of light was fixed and, as a result, space and time were now fluctuating variables dependant on relative motion or velocity. Re-enter quantum physics, noting that two "independent" observers of one single "event" (particle "life"...location, momentum, spin or the "reality" of it in a sense, will record different outcomes, observations, or "realities"...and BOTH are correct.

It seems as though the universe and its almost limitless number of "pieces" is a giant jigsaw puzzle waiting to be put back together. I wonder if similar to the concept "God did not create that accident", God did not create the big bang. Therefore, the big bang and all of evolution and all of science and its futile attempt to "figure out" reality was nothing more than the effects of one "mad thought"...the possibility of separation and our curiosity to experience "self creation"...be autonomous, independent, and special.

Anyway, like you, Doug, I get excited about the "limitless possibilities of letting it all go". Personally, I'm tired of stuffing my mind with worthless "static". The puzzlement of the various sciences is fascinating.... but maybe THAT is part of the problem. "FACINATION" sustains the dream?? Another problem is I don't know what is static and what is worthwhile. Ah shit, here comes another one of those headaches accompanied by the satanic laughter of the ego, screaming, "you're caught again and you'll never get out...give it up"

enough babble for now but still your friend,

Tom
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2021 PD9 Software