Home Page
Home Page
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "have more fun bringing the principles of waking up inside your life and mind by desiring to know the Truth........... because Truth uncovers the joy unity and harmony of Being." ~ Raj
- (Added by: amena)

No Such Thing As Race - Genetic Studies Say
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> The Gathering Place (TGP)Message format

robbieh
Posted 2003-02-24 8:11 AM (#3263 - in reply to #3250)
Subject: An explanation of why I say that

Expert

I am concerned about how reports like this one will affect programs put into place to try to level the playing field.

Raj did not tell us to abandon our intelligence or to act inappropriately in the world whether we see it as illusion or not. When we are actively participating in the world as we are able to perceive it, we must adhere to the tools Raj is giving us so that we know how not to add to the problems.

That is why it is so useful to keep things simple and get to the root of what we see and experience. In this case, the important thing is to cut through the bs in this report and find the meat of the matter. There are a couple sentences in the report that raised red flags. Like many communications from those who do not have the good of their fellow man at heart, this report reads like propaganda with its real intent buried deep inside like a subliminal suggestion. It triggers those who are threatened by the notion of treating all citizens as equal into saying "Yeah! Why are we giving preferential treatment to those people? They don't have a problem, they are just using the system for their own special privileges." Then they can say, "oh, I have scientific proof that I am right."

All of us already know there is no difference between the races.

The two sentances I was referring to are:
"The book, published last year, has started arguments about whether some federal government programs that serve a high proportion of low-income blacks, such as Head Start, are doomed to failure and should be abandoned."

WAIT!! I just re-read the article and find I am mistaken about who said the above:

Cavalli-Sforza’s studies raise a challenge to claims in a recent book, The Bell Curve, that genetics explains why black people score lower on IQ tests than whites.

It appears that this article would NOT support removing head-start programs. LOL!! I just proved what Raj said, you see what you want to see. (next time I will type AFTER my morning coffee LOL)

Edited by robbieh 2003-02-24 8:22 AM
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2021 PD9 Software