Home Page
Home Page
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: Perception is a mirror, not a fact. And what I look on is my state of mind, reflected outward. ~~ Wkb
- (Added by: Carson)

Can we start over?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> The Gathering Place (TGP)Message format

Posted 2003-02-24 3:00 PM (#3302 - in reply to #3265)
Subject: 2nd try --through peace to peace

Hi Robbie

well as Sandra said, I thought I answered the question you asked of me, directly succinctly and clearly. but obviously that wasn't the question.

You say I was talking about having to deal with Saddam, even if it meant war. That is the stance I feel I've been pummeled about

You are stating your position and I applaud you for that. But its not my position, I don't now and will never, believe that war answers anything, and so I will continue to look for other ways to answer the part of the problem we both agree on, that of Saddam' s actions being wholly unallowable. (and if we don't agree on that, we sure are in trouble)

The course teaches me, and Raj confirms it to me, that Saddam is not separate from me. Not for one tiny instant is he separate. I believe he is, because I am dreaming and so if I perpetuate war on saddam without first trying with all my might to find another peaceful way, then I do nothing for healing the dream. The outcome at the level of form, may seem to have been achieved, the outcome at the level of content will have remained the same.

You also ask about what my helping my suffering neighbor here will do, well I think it will do heaps......... when we step out of our definitions, and help in physical ways, we give of ourselves in the way of Christ. The healing that flows from that is immeasurable. To teach peace, to actualize peace ... be peace in action.

Read the course.... "W-16.2. There is no more self-contradictory concept than that of "idle thoughts." 2 What gives rise to the perception of a whole world can hardly be called idle. 3 Every thought you have contributes to truth or to illusion; either it extends the truth or it multiplies illusions. 4 You can indeed multiply nothing, but you will not extend it by doing so.

The quote above is not just confusing words, they are the considered words of Jesus, which is studied every week at your group.

You talk like Ammi, all the time, about what we must do, but like Ammi you have only responded in words..... Ammi, tells me he is an advocate for the poor and suffering at home, does an advocate talk about how bad it is, or go out and DO something? I am not sure, and if its doing, that's good. What do you DO Robbie in action that directly helps to stop Saddaam. I am not being smart here, but trying to understand what it is you want us to do?

So in conclusion, we each have a job to do, and we can only do it, as far as we are able to throw away the belief's that hold us in the dream, and come to the altar and ask the father. "what should I do"..... if your answer is make war...... then make war........ if mine is "make peace".... then I make peace.

I hope that answers what it is you are trying to get to. If not then I still need further clarification of your question and would willingly try again.

Peace
Douglas.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2021 PD9 Software