Home Page
Home Page
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "A person conceives of himself as separate largley because he perceives OF himself as bounded by a body. ONLY if he perceives himself as a MIND can this be overcome." Jesus CIM

Can we start over?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> The Gathering Place (TGP)Message format

robbieh
Posted 2003-02-23 9:38 PM (#3233)
Subject: Can we start over?

Expert

At the ACIM class on February 20, 2003, I asked Raj the following question:

Robbie: When I was trying to understand this, it took a long time to understand it… you’ve been talking about this since right after September 11th, and how I’ve been able to understand it is I get flooded with these other pictures of the same situation but on a smaller scale and closer. And when there is integrity to it, it will run through every single one of those examples. It will fit in every single example because it’s universal. I’m not able to really say it very well but it should fit every single circumstance and it does and that’s how you can tell you’ve got it, you’ve honed in on it. Is that right?

Raj: Exactly, that is correct.

The truths I understand regarding the situation in Iraq are:

If we are aware that someone has harmed or intends to harm other beings (persons, animals, environment etc) we have a responsibility to say NO. This is true when you are raising a child, when a spouse abuses their partner, someone robs someone else, someone dumps toxic chemicals on the earth, someone cheats to gain advantage or someone uses chemical weapons and airplanes to kill large numbers of people.

All of us are divine, including Bush, Saddam and you and I.

It is possible to say no to someone and recognize his or her divinity at the same time. Saying no is an act of love if it is done with integrity and for the right reasons.

There is a time for dissent and a time to set that aside to come together to resolve a serious problem.

Those are my truths about the threads involving Iraq and Bush. My intent is to share them with you because they feel important to me. Maybe they don’t ring true to you, which is fine. You must find your best understanding of truth here. I have no desire to defend these discoveries or get into any more arguments where the subjects get lost in the fray and we try to out do one another like this is a contest. I am interested in hearing how others are wrestling with these issues. I can hear better as I am sure you can, when there are no barbs or digs in the communication. I am not pointing fingers because I am also guilty of this. Let’s start over and try to do this in a way that reflects a better understanding of what Raj has taught us.

Deal?

Edited by robbieh 2003-02-23 9:44 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2021 PD9 Software