Home Page
Home Page
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: Accepting the Atonement for yourself means not to give support to someone's dream of sickness and of death. ~~ Text
- (Added by: Carson)

Love
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> The Gathering Place (TGP)Message format

James
Posted 2003-02-23 10:14 PM (#3237 - in reply to #3210)
Subject: RE: Love

Veteran

Sam,

You wrote: I fail in that somehow I cannot see everyone suddenly dropping all their separating beliefs, patriotisms, ideologies, politics, and the real problems that substitute for the Love of God, and join each other.

Here’s hoping for a greater vision and greater faith in a true revolution.

It will happen. I know it will. What will trigger the shift? Well, perhaps the very thing we see happening now, which appears so potentially destructive, is actually the process of energitic reconfiguration which will impel us to that metanoia, that turning about in consciousness, to face once more our Father's house, the sacred altar within our Heart. It is possible it could happen suddenly, and to many, if not to all. But the more that transformation occurs in individuals, the easier it will be for the rest to abandon the dream. With God it is possible. Let me share a true story. I am relying on memory

A friend of my friend (who told me this story) had battled alcoholism for over twenty years. He had joined AA, done rehab, but always went back to drinking. He literally found himself in the gutter of the city one night, almost unable to crawl out of it. It was his lowest point. He managed to get home to his cabin. He knew he had hit bottom. And he was exhausted from his battle to beat alcoholism, so tired that he found himself saying to God: I cannot fight this anymore. I give up trying to beat it. I fight, I fail, I feel guilt and shame. I give it all up. I cannot do it. Help me.

In that instant, he felt a current of energy move through his body, powerful yet gentle, completely filling and moving through the body. He began to weep, and deep sobs of release escaped him. When the event was over, from that hour he was free of any desire for alcohol, free of any withdrawal symptoms, free of the fight.

All things are possible with God.

with love,

James

Top of the page Bottom of the page

• Love - sam : 2003-02-23 3:12 PM

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2021 PD9 Software