Home Page
Home Page
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: I would like to be experiencing the Idea that God has in Mind which is the reason I exist in the first place. I would like to experience God's Idea which is my Presence. I would like to experience it the way God is intending it at this moment and every moment. ~ Raj

What *being here for each other* looks like ...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> The Gathering Place (TGP)Message format

orinda
Posted 2021-04-09 5:23 AM (#244977)
Subject: What *being here for each other* looks like ...

Expert

... in this community of Mississauga ... which also happens to be where we/i lived for 10 years of earlier life ... and not just that, the picture of man standing at a house door  ... made me look closely to see if it might even be the same house! ... but no trouble spotting the 'half fulls' in this picture/story!

((thank you dear lady (of) Fatima ... showing/Being the way Home))

Now for some good news to start your Friday: About a year ago — two days before Ontario's first lockdown — Hana Fatima, 9, and her father, Tariq Syed, 38, were stocking up on supplies in Mississauga when she noticed an elderly woman struggling with her groceries. They offered to help carry her purchases to her car. Later, they shared their number with a few elderly neighbours. Those who needed help could provide a list of items that Fatima and her dad would purchase so those most at risk didn't have to be exposed to the virus in crowded stores. Through social media, Fatima's gesture has now snowballed into an army of volunteers dubbed the Good Neighbour Project. The group now has 6,000 people, who speak more than 30 languages, with chapters in Toronto, London and Ottawa. Since launching last March, the group says it has completed more than 9,000 deliveries. Read more on how the group sprang from Fatima's act of kindness.

Edited by orinda 2021-04-09 5:29 AM
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2021 PD9 Software