Home Page
Home Page
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: Swear not to die, You Holy Child of God. You make a bargain that You cannot keep.~~Text
- (Added by: Carson)

Raj: ".....Brotherhood & Family, is the specific thing ...."
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> The Gathering Place (TGP)Message format

roxana
Posted 2021-03-01 12:18 PM (#244389 - in reply to #244378)
Subject: RE: Raj: ".....Brotherhood & Family, is the specific thing ...."

the Need to Share.

When someone I had not seen for a decade or more, commented that I had aged, and I saw that the changes I have undergone made my friend peer at me as though looking for the right angle in which the experience of recognition could register in them,  it triggered something in me.

It triggered My need to know.  And so I have found myself looking within for the answer that would clarify my appearance, to me.

The change I have undergone and that which stands out to me as the crucial factor which highlights my change in appearance is, as has been said, my withdrawal from Life.  But it is not just a withdrawal from life in its exterior form, like in things to do, (which is how I had interpreted that) but my withdrawal has been not honoring my inner life.  By inner life I mean the direction that the impulse of Life/consciousness, Love, would take me in, as in what thoughts. awareness, I need to follow, deepen in, become familiar with.  Where Love bids me be involved.  I did not realize that Love would have me Know, before much else,  that I am not Life's pawn, I am not just someone who can hear wisdom but that I am, as is everyone, Father's beloved Creation, and I did not know that this is something I need to recognize and accept before I could be more involved in life as a whole, with others. 

This morning after a quiet time, the following clear statement appeared in Mind:  you will find that your body is not what you thought it was.

And to boot, just a few minutes later, as I stood at my door looking out over the creek and my attention shifted to a duck flying over it, and the thought of the Wright Brothers flashed by, this other clear thought registered with me:  "The duck doesn't fly because it has wings.  It flies because it is the intent of Its Being to fulfill itself; in other words, it flies because it wants to." 

Ok.

These key thoughts which came to Mind today and which I have shared above, are familiar in that I have heard Raj voice them but it is just today that I realize I had been 'thinking' about them and maybe I had had curiosity about them too but I had not engaged with them more fully. I had not let them register more deeply.  I had not given permission, so to speak, for myself to experience them.  I have, for the most part, continued my daily life from the same perspective of years and that is, life is living Itself as me without my active participation.  In other words,  It does or doesn't do what I would like.

The above appears true except maybe under one condition.  When I care about another, when I let myself into what this caring might mean, what it requests of me, and when I carry through with what becomes known to me in these situations,  then I do feel I am an active participant in Life.  It is in times like these that Wholeness becomes known, remembered, and as I hang in there with it, it invariably becomes evident in visible and tangible form.

Edited by roxana 2021-03-04 7:13 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2021 PD9 Software