Home Page
Home Page
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: “I have made it perfectly clear that I am like you and you are like me. But our fundamental equality can be demonstrated only by joint decisions.”~RAJ
- (Added by: Sun~Rose)

QUESTION: What is the nature of God, and what is man's relationship to Him?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> The Gathering Place (TGP)Message format

roxana
Posted 2021-01-25 1:51 PM (#243776)
Subject: QUESTION: What is the nature of God, and what is man's relationship to Him?

CONVERSATIONS WITH RAJ
Vol. 2, No. 1
January 1985

QUESTION: What is the nature of God, and what is man's relationship to Him?

RAJ: What you call God can best be described as the essential Life-Principle, what has been called the Prime Mover. God is not a thing, but a Movement which is Self-responsible. In other words, It, alone, is responsible for the Movement It is. This Movement is not finite in any way. It is preferable to describe the Nature of God as "not finite" rather than infinite, because immediately, when the word "infinite" is used, one thinks of one's largest conceptualization and makes it infinite, so that it is still an infinity of form or finiteness.

This Life-Principle is pure Intelligence. It could accurately be described as Mind. Therefore, this infinite Movement is a movement of Mind, an intelligent movement of Mind, and because Mind is aware, this movement is a movement, which includes, or brings into being, Self-awareness. Literally, the first chapter of Genesis describes this process of Movement which ends up, in the last verse, with the moment of Self-recognition: "And God saw everything that He had made, and behold, it was very good," or, "and behold, it was, verily, God."

The Nature of this Life-Principle, of this Movement into expression or Self-recognition, is Love; Love, which constitutes the absolute harmony of everything that exists, of every aspect of every movement.

I am not going to go into every aspect of God at this point. We will move on to the relationship Man has with God, and "relationship" is a poor word, because it posits the idea that there is God and something else called Man, who exist in relationship to each other, and this is incorrect. Man is the direct expression of the Life-Principle.

Now, if all expression, when we use this term in reference to God, is Self-expression, then naturally the expression is going to be God expressed. It isn't going to be something else. Therefore, Man, being the direct expression of the Life-Principle, is that Life-Principle infinitely individualized. Your very individuality is the presence of the Life-Principle in expression.

CONVERSATIONS WITH RAJ (homestead.com) 

Edited by roxana 2021-01-25 2:08 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2021 PD9 Software