Home Page
Home Page
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "BE ... and by Being ... heal the sick." ~ Raj

The coming Solstice
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> The Gathering Place (TGP)Message format

judyh
Posted 2020-12-29 1:38 PM (#242999 - in reply to #242871)
Subject: hi Barbara and all,

Expert

With regard to a "divided" country, I am so happy to see Joe (Biden), president-elect, keeping his focus on the work ahead and including everyone, not just those who voted for him, in the people who need healing and help...and leadership now. He is not getting distracted.  He is a humble humanitarian, and a person of faith. There is a lot of cleaning up to do.  Removing the current president is a pivotal moment for our sanity and humanity.  And also removing the current Senate majority leader on Jan 5.  

It appears that there are people and parties who actively withhold power, suppress votes, and then there are those that want everyone to vote, everyone to have a say, and everyone to thrive. 

The "divide" we see in the U.S. has more to do with the spread of hate and disinformation...the Rush Limbaughs, the Glenn Becks, the Fox News Tucker Carlson, Jeanine Piro and Sean Hanity's , which if you listen to them are 180 degrees from the love and care and compassion in the Delilah show I posted.  (see an interesting podcast "Losing Your Relatives to Fox News"  https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/losing-relatives-to-fox-news/i... ). I have read some very interesting Twitter threads where people chronicled the descent into hatred and racism their families have gone through over the past 32 years with these radio and tv shows playing in their families homes growing up and or with their parents who continue to listen. Family members who have real needs, but instead are victimized and exploited, whose wounds are inflamed rather than healed.  

We are all ready for, or at least in very great need of, that healing!  And it will take us all, and a big embrace. 

Edited by judyh 2020-12-29 2:56 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2021 PD9 Software