Home Page
Home Page
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: I would like to be experiencing the Idea that God has in Mind which is the reason I exist in the first place. I would like to experience God's Idea which is my Presence. I would like to experience it the way God is intending it at this moment and every moment. ~ Raj

The power of prayer in community is a blessing!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> The Gathering Place (TGP)Message format

roxana
Posted 2020-10-20 5:47 PM (#239941 - in reply to #239938)
Subject: Re: The power of prayer in community is a blessing!

Yes, thank you for saying that so clearly.

I realize that during my “funk“ part of what I have found so discouraging is the appearance of age, imperfections, and it is clear that not only do I have some of that as my personal experience, but I realize that the whole world expects it.  And it seems to have made no difference that I didn’t expect it. That is most discouraging. 

A brother has shared a need for healing with legs, not too long ago I had incredible pain with the same, others have also reported need in this area.  There has also been report about falling as a “common” occurrence with elderly. Diminished eyesight is another.   And for me what has come up is a sense of futility in trying to keep up with the need. What I get is that ultimately it feels unfulfilling to address all these things from the outside even though that is how we have learned to do it throughout our years of learning to live as mortals, I.e., from that limited perspective.

Since Paul and Susan’s need has come up I have felt very personally affected by it. I want to gift the certainty of continued ease, fulfillment. This has stimulated the remembrance of that experience during the long flight which I just shared about here a few moments ago (nudge)  It also reminds me of something Raj shared recently, and so I’ve gone back to re-read “Threshold Living”.

I am remembering a quote where Raj says something to the effect of “Have more fun bringing the principles of awakening into your daily experience” (don’t know  if those words are correct).   And what comes up for me with all this is the desire to have fun, indeed!  So this is my new need,  and I will be asking HOW?, a lot. 

Thank you and all for helping make clear what my need is.  And being that The Apple is all one,  maybe that need is the same for all of us.  Just for instance,  I have sometimes thought that if we, as an aged group (however that may apply to each one) have trouble with balance and locomotion is it because we insist on seeing the body as the source of strength, much as we believe that the eyes see objective reality without realizing that we see our beliefs.  So the change that needs to happen, as I see it,  is within, with how and what we believe, and when this changes, the evidence of health and perfection will appear.

Edited by roxana 2020-10-20 7:30 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2020 PD9 Software