Home Page
Home Page
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: SAY NO TO SIN, SICKNESS, AND DEATH ~ RAJ
- (Added by: Erica)

It’s been a long long time...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> The Gathering Place (TGP)Message format

Nita
Posted 2020-09-15 11:10 PM (#238397)
Subject: It’s been a long long time...

Expert

Hello everyone!

Perhaps some of you will remember me... I used to live in Scotland and tell you all the stories of what you kitties used to get up to. It took me years but I finally finished the story of Crackers who lost his leg after he got hit by a car. It’s called ‘SuperKitty’ and can be found in my book Covered in Cats, which got published in early August, in time for the Lion’s Gate. 

California, where I live now, had some horrific fires soon afterwards and we had to evacuate forraying for their homes and pets to be safe. I’m still bursting into tears whenever I see a fire fighter, even though at 93% containment our fire is almost out. 

I was in the process of moving out of my home but evacuation orders hit the night before. Now that we’ve been allowed back I have spent the last week vacating my old studio in the Santa Cruz Mountains where I lived for five years.

California is not a nice place to live any more. It is impossible / dangerous to speak your mind, unless you are in line with hard core liberal views (which I am not any more).

Finding a new place to live has proved pretty much impossible. You can have a 200sqft chickencoop and if you are happy to pay $1300/month for it you’re all set. If you feel like having humane accommodation, with a kitchen, for example, you have to fork out at least $1600 IF you get it among all the other applicants. 

So now I am looking at leaving the state and hopefully move to Arizona. I know people in Sedona, and it also happens to be the cover of my book: Sedona, the cat, at Red Rock Crossing. Her story is called ‘Sedona Spirit - The Real Skinny.’

If I haven’t forgotten how to attach a picture I will post it. I remembered but it’s too big... ??

Edited by Nita 2020-09-15 11:35 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2020 PD9 Software