Home Page
Home Page
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "where are you going to fixate your attention? where are you going to obsess? are you going to obsess on an illusion with your brothers and sisters? are you going to make their opinion about you... God to you? or are you going to switch your fixation to God..... whose Voice is in you...... whose Voice IS you. are you going to begin to fixate on the Place of Excellence in you that is the Excellent You that you are...... and embody that..... and let the chips fall where they may." ~ Raj
- (Added by: amena)

TODAY: 9th Session: ACIM/Raj Material, video study group
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> The Gathering Place (TGP)Message format

roxana
Posted 2020-05-24 8:47 AM (#236500 - in reply to #236463)
Subject: I have enjoyed reading this

The thought:  

“ It is not the giving up that constitutes yielding to the Father's will. It's a giving up of the attempt to control one's life, still believing that having control is the primal need. And literally one arrives at a point where they can't maintain the control any longer, but they don't yield the control up to the Father. And so there apparently is a death. It is a death they bring on themselves. It is a decision, believe it or not. “

Interests me.  There are others too, of course.  But the one about giving up control..that could be tricky, no?  Or maybe not if it is clear that one gives up thinking, believing that it is through one’s own effort that one lives or survives.  How I am understanding it is that one  has need to recognize and accept that there is a higher power which, in actuality, actively cares for one.  Cares to the extent of including and recognizing underwear as a valid “request or need”.

Edited by roxana 2020-05-24 8:52 AM
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2021 PD9 Software