Home Page
Home Page
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: Awareness of dreaming is the real function of God's teachers. ~~ MFT
- (Added by: Carson)

TODAY: 9th Session: ACIM/Raj Material, video study group
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> The Gathering Place (TGP)Message format

William Daniels
Posted 2020-05-20 2:07 PM (#236463)
Subject: TODAY: 9th Session: ACIM/Raj Material, video study group

Veteran

ATTENTION: I put these posts together using "Word". If you know how to post here so that it is as well organized as when originally in Word . . .or how I can add it as an attachment, PLEASE let me know!

Hello everyone,

We plan to begin the study group tonight, at 7:00 PM PDT (Pacific Daylight Time) USA.

Sure would like to have your participation!

I will post the Zoom meeting ID and Password about 3 or 4 hours before we begin.

I love you,

William

These are my suggestions for review in our ACIM/Raj study group tonight:
(Please, Please bring your suggestions for tonight or future sessions.)

Suggestion: We shift our focus from “study” to “action”/”Awakening.”

Raj – Video study-9th… every death a copout-Nothing Has Changed-God’s Voice-etc

EXCERPT from this TGP post:
Posted 2008-12-04 5:35 PM (#127217)
Subject: This can NEVER be Addressed too Much or too Often RAJ

A Raj gathering at Yucaipa, CA - May 1996
QUESTIONER: What happens when a person is laying in a hospital bed and then they do tests and find the person is brain dead. And then they decide two or three days later to pull the plug. What I'm trying to ascertain and understand is when is the person actually physically out of their body and where they’re supposed to be, because I remember what my mother always said: "The dead know not."
And then just recently after they had the memorial for this dear brother of ours, Kevorkian got again acquitted for helping someone to die, and that was considered a suicide, helped. And yet in one of your tapes I remember you said that we all commit suicide in one way or another. So, where are the ones who supposedly "actually do a suicide" or the one who is brain dead and they pull the plug on him? Is there any difference in between there? And where are they at then? Are they in the fourth-dimension? And I have had too many experiences since I've been a child that I truly believe that they come when they are needed here to talk to us or whatever, commune . . . .so they're not dead. And they're there. And sometimes I see them as their physical body or I just sense them in their spiritual body. And so now I'm getting really confused and I'm saying: "SOS .”
RAJ: The manner of death is irrelevant, whether it is suicide, whether it is brain death, whether it is an automobile accident or a heart attack, a disease, the manner of death means nothing. And just to elaborate slightly, every death is a cop out. It's a point at which an individual gives up. It is not the giving up that constitutes yielding to the Father's will. It's a giving up of the attempt to control one's life, still believing that having control is the primal need. And literally one arrives at a point where they can't maintain the control any longer, but they don't yield the control up to the Father. And so there apparently is a death. It is a death they bring on themselves. It is a decision, believe it or not.
Now, everyone who passes on goes to the same place, as it were. It is a receiving place. And they are met with love. In fact, the movement to that receiving place is as it has often been described, one in which the experience is one of great Love. And they are met with Love and they are-for lack of better words-ministered unto, made comfortable. You could say that questions are answered. Those who have passed on prior to the individual who has passed on, do gather to welcome. But the individual who has passed on is not required to meet with them. They can remain for awhile in the receiving place if they so wish. And they do not move on until there is a motivation within themselves to do so.
No, indeed, they have not moved into the fourth-dimension. Because the so called event of death was not a part of a process of Awakening. It was an ongoing dynamic of the assertion of the need to be in control of their lives, which they hadn't yet relinquished. And until they relinquish that the process of Awakening cannot occur. And so they find themselves exactly as they were before, except that whatever they thought it was that killed them they know didn't kill them. And so, if I may put it this way: if they had been suffering from cancer, they realize that it did nothing to them and they are no longer subject to that belief or that disease, you see. So there is healing in that respect.
There is one other aspect, and that is if, during their life they have lost a limb or an organ or whatever, they find themselves physically whole. They still believe they have to eat. Believe it or not those who were addicted to alcohol may find themselves still addicted to alcohol. And even while they are in the receiving place they are not prohibited from indulging in their alcoholism.
You must begin to understand that no one else can force you, no matter how Awake they are, no one else can force you to be well, because to not be well is your decision based upon beliefs that seem rational and reasonable to you, that tell you that whatever your problem is, is essential to your self-protection. And if one feels they need to be dulled by alcohol in order not to be overcome by “the realities of life," you can see that it is a decision they have made to maintain their sanity from their standpoint, even though it can't accomplish that. But each one's suffering is decided for, by them, because they have arrived at a point in their reasoning where they believe that what they are doing is protecting them from something.

Action suggestion:
What is what I’m doing, my suffering, protecting me from?

Indeed, when physicians arrive at the determination that brain death has occurred, the individuality that you have known has moved on. The body you see is the after image left in your eyes. That which identifies them to themselves is still with them. And you will never be without that which identifies you, without that which renders you visible and tangible as a conscious experience for everyone.
What you also have to understand is that when I speak of something that is tangible and visible I don't mean something that is material. And what you all further need to understand is, that your scientists are clearer about the fact that there is nothing material about your body right now "physically speaking," because when they examine it with an electron microscope, they find out that there are not billiard balls of matter, but just energy pattern . . .nothing substantial there at all. And the pattern, it will ultimately be found out, is, you might say: the pattern of the idea in God's Mind that constitutes God's self-expression.
So right now you don't have a material body. And as this fact begins to register, as this news filters down in practical terms from the scientists to the general public, people will begin to think of their body in a new way that will allow for healing to occur, that will allow for perfection to occur, spontaneously, instantaneously because there is no requirement, no "physical," I mean by that “material,” requirement for processes of matter to occur because there ain't no such thing there. It's energy pattern than can shift because it has no density to inhibit the shift, you see.
Now you didn't ask about this, but I'm going to continue. As one identifies himself or herself with this body and experiences not the fact that all that is being experienced is the infinity of conscious individuality-that it's all me, it's all you, because it's all God . . .as this all-inclusive awareness of Self was lost with a preoccupation with identifying with just this body as self, then in that separate sense, as I said, there was a sense of tininess and vulnerability and a call for defense. And so life itself has been one of self-preservation.
Now fear is what promotes acts of self-preservation. And so, in the attempt to make one's tiny definition of himself or herself more substantial and therefore having greater defense or invulnerability there has been a contraction that has occurred, and pattern that is what is really here, has become, you might say, packed and relatively immobilized. And so your experience of what is really flexible and fluid energy, is not being experienced by you as what it really is, and it seems to be subject to injury, you see.
But nevertheless, even though you hold your body in this tight grasp, for the sake of self-protection it hasn't become matter. It is still nothing but energy pattern. The pattern of which was and is held in its original Divine intent by the Father, because the Father is from moment to moment establishing the pattern as that which identifies His intent in being You. Therefore, that which identifies you specifically, will forever be that which will identify you specifically.
In waking up, in remembering all that's here instead of just what you have chosen to see, you are going to discover that you are always at one and the same time, specific and universal just as the Father is. But you will less and less identify with the specific, and more and more embrace and embody consciously the infiniteness of you, the universality of you. The specific, meaning what you call the body, will not disappear but it will not fascinate you anymore. You will not choose to view anything from its standpoint anymore. And it will be your body but so will the petal of the rose, and so will the wall, and so will the tree and so will much more of the Kingdom of Heaven that isn't registering with you right now, be recognized by you as part of your infinite being.
So, I want to make this clear for those who are students of the Course. The Course talks about “the happy dream" and “the real world," which is perfectly harmonious. And then it says that, "then even the real world will disappear." That is what it says. What it means is that it's like: finding and having the experience of your body as the presence of energy pattern that isn't matter, but is itself the idea God is expressing that identifies Himself/You. You will find it not manifesting the evidence or evidences of self-protection, not manifesting the density and therefore not manifesting or showing forth illness, capacity to die, deformity . . .but utter beautiful perfection.
Mind you, as I said, as this happens you will also be becoming aware of the infiniteness of you and your attention, as I said, will shift from body identification, from identifying with the specificness of you and embracing the universality of you. When this shift occurs into the universality of you being the vantage point from which you experience All That Is, as I said, the body won't disappear, but it won't be important to you anymore. It's in that sense that you could say your body will disappear, because it will no longer be present in the function that you had been using, as you are at this moment today. You see?
The real world will disappear only in the sense that it will not be getting your attention as an object of your attention, but will be experienced simply as an aspect of the infinitude of you as consciousness, or the Mind of God that is having the idea that is the pattern, that can be recognized as Creation. The use to which you had put the world will disappear, because you won't be using it to define yourself, or to gather data for your self-protection and you, I'm going to say, will sail merrily on your way enjoying it all from the infinite view. And that is what the Course means about even the real world disappearing.
I've said this before, it's as though you get up in the morning and you're ready to get dressed, and you go to your bureau drawer with all your pretty panties there, and you pick out one, a pair, and if you're a certain kind of individual you'll be sure to pick out a pair that you won't be embarrassed being found wearing if you are in an accident. (Laughter) I use that example because people can be concerned about what underwear they're going to put on, in the same way that people are concerned with their body. Nevertheless you go through the process and you put them on, you finish getting ready for the day and you don't give a second thought to your underwear. You don't even know you have them on. They disappeared, you see, but they're there. They are just not a concern. You see?
(A comment must have been made that I couldn't hear.)
Oh, no, they are of value or you wouldn't be wearing them. But they're simply not a focus of your attention. And so the world will not be a focus of your attention, being the state of mind which is able to observe, and consciously embrace Creation, with the intent of acknowledging what is Real in it all, which is God not the form, so that you may glorify God always, which is the function of being, which is love, the form becomes secondary to the function. You see?
Now you said: Where are they? . . .those who have passed on? Well, they're in the same place you are, still. I mean by that that they are still in a state of ignorance of who they Are. It doesn't have a location in the universe. But where you are doesn't have a location in the universe either. And I'm not going to try to explain that, except I will say that you're not in anything, everything is in you. All of these conscious experiences of all different sorts are occurring within consciousness, and that is dimensionless and infinite.
How much of what God is being as consciousness . . .How much of what God is being as Divine consciousness . . .All that God is being as Divine consciousness isn't registering with you at the moment. But that's what this shift of attention out of one's reverie, out of one's preoccupation with her underwear . . .that's all that's needed is that shift of attention, that will begin to allow you to see the more, that is right here to see, and . . .I will keep saying this over and over and over: “All that there is to see of Reality is here for you to see.” And if you don't go home from this gathering remembering anything else, please remember that there is so much more of God's Reality to see, right here, than you can imagine, you will not be able to help but to find a little bit of curiosity surfacing from time to time. And I'll tell you something else: curiosity is what creates an opening in your current, firmly held definitions of everything and allows something new to register with you. That's all the more work there is to waking up, is daring to be a little bit curious right here.
Now, I've gone on and on. Did I answer your question?
QUESTIONER: Yes, you did, and I'm eternally grateful and blessings to you. Thank you.
RAJ: You are welcome.

Edited by Trish 2008-12-04 5:43 PM
Proofread by William Daniels

————oOo————
All of the activities of the Northwest Foundation for “A Course In Miracles” are provided without charge or obligation. This is possible because of thoughtfulness, love extended without conditions. Such is the nature of Gift. As a result these materials are available to you, because someone like you has already gifted you with them. And, at Raj’s instruction, these materials will never be sold.
If you would like to add your thoughtfulness and love, to gift others with the availability of these materials, you’re invited to make a tax-deductible contribution at our website, or send it to our address, both of which are shown below.
© by: The Northwest Foundation for “A Course in Miracles” a non-profit corporation. All rights reserved.
PO Box 1490 / Kingston, WA 98346-1490 / USA Phone: 360-638-0530
You are welcome to copy and share these materials with friends.

Posted 2020-05-15 5:08 AM (#236384)
Subject: Nothing Has Changed!
Nothing Has Changed
~~~~oOo~~~~
A Conversation with Raj
on May 15th, 2020
RAJ: Good morning, Paul.
PAUL: Good morning. Inspiration, it would seem, is missing from my conscious experience. I am aware that “Love inspires, illumines, designates and leads the way,” but how do I get to that initial stage of inspiration? What frees up the movement?
RAJ: If you don’t get sidetracked by thoughts, and if you stay simple, you will notice the first word of that sentence: Love! You have to shift from anger and frustration to active caring. You have to have an object of your affection.
(Continue reading)
The inspiration is there. It is always present. And it is always inspiring, illuminating, designating and leading the way. Preoccupation with self-interest and defense always supercedes and blocks the inspiration because they are an act of will!
“My will be done” will always override “Thy will be done,” because either way it is your Will, you holy Son of God, and the power of your Word is maximal, whether it is used wisely or not!
Or, conversely, “THY will be done,” will always override “my will be done,” because no matter which you actually choose, the choice is your Will, you holy Son of God, and the choice will absolutely govern your experience!
Waking up is “making the choice once again” to give voice to the Voice for Truth — instead of the voice which you imagine is “yours” . . . the one which is the voice for fear.
Do you want to know what you’re unwilling to let go of? It’s the imaginary voice of independence — yours! — and the grievance you are holding is the anger at having to give up the “right” to “speak your mind!”
How dare you be silenced!
You will notice, as you examine the recent past, that you have been “longing” to be able to be “honest” and express your grievances, to let everyone know how hard it has been and share mutual misery — except it doesn’t present itself that way. Instead, it presents itself as the way to “be meaningfully connected,” humanly speaking . . . not lonely.
Yes, the world situation, the political situation, and the radical changes in behavior required in one’s own community every day . . . the confinement, the social distancing, the masks, the foreignness everything is colored by, is demanding and difficult beyond the imaginable, requiring the conscious choice for peace, the conscious embrace of Love, and the incredibly conscious practice of biting one’s tongue rather than “enjoying the freedom to yield to blame, judgment and guilt and blasting the world with mean-spirited frustration and abuse.
More than anything at this time you must remember that no matter what you are being led to believe, nothing has changed! The only thing confronting you is the presence of God.
More than anything at this time you must remember that “Nothing real can be threatened. Nothing unreal exists.” That has not changed!
More than anything at this time you must remember that “the starting point is that God, Spirit, is all-in-all, and there is no other might nor Mind.” That has not changed!
More than anything you must remember that “Your mind is part of God’s. You are very holy.” That has not changed!
No matter what the voice for fear is leading you to believe, it lacks the unction of Truth because it uses the body as the starting point in coming to all conclusions. Lacking the Truth, it leads you to believe that “What is real CAN be threatened, because that which isn’t real ACTUALLY EXISTS.”
In the absence of Truth you are led to believe that your mind resides in your body instead of being inseparable from the Mind of God. And in the absence of that Truth which hasn’t changed the Word you inadertently gives justifies the ignorance . . . and you neglect to give the Word which gives voice to the Voice for Truth and corrects the misperception.
Remember: “The Holy Spirit’s Voice is as loud as your willingness to listen.” This hasn’t changed!
Remember: “It is only because you think that you can run some little part, or deal with certain aspects of your life alone, that the guidance of the Holy Spirit is limited.” This has not changed!
Remember: “If you cannot hear the Voice for God, it is because you do not choose to listen.” This has not changed!
Remember as well: “What you see reflects your thinking. And your thinking but reflects your choice of what you want to see.” That has not changed!
Do not forget: your Word — no matter what you are led to believe — governs your experience absolutely.
Your Word — and not sudden disruptions of patterns of behavior on a local, national, international or political level — governs your experience absolutely.
The correction of illusions has not changed! It is the same today as it was six months ago. And no matter how “in your face” the illusion is, no matter how overwhelmingly it presents itself, ”Nothing real can be threatened. Nothing unreal exists.” That is the starting-point of the Course, and it is the starting point of every correction. And that hasn’t changed!
Be alert for what informs your Word! Be wise about what you allow to inform your Words! The practice of the holy instant is imperative at this time. Not because the “unreal” is so “real,” but because the attempts to inform your beliefs are overwhelmingly colored by fear and do not take into consideration the things which have not changed and have the transformational power to calm the global waves of emotion and eradicate the global evidence of the unreal being real.And every single student of A Course in Miracles already knows the Answer.
Here it is:
”The Holy Spirit is nothing more than your own right mind.”
Choose for it.
No matter how laborious it seems to be, choose for it!
You are the Answer!
Rajpur
Kingston, Washington
May 15th, 2020

Thanks to Orinda for the reminder on TGP:
from ACIM:
LESSON 49
“God’s Voice speaks to me all through the day.”
It is quite possible to listen to God’s Voice all day without interrupting your regular activities in any way.

————oOo————
All of the activities of the Northwest Foundation for “A Course In Miracles” are provided without charge or obligation. This is possible because of thoughtfulness, love extended without conditions. Such is the nature of Gift. As a result these materials are available to you, because someone like you has already gifted you with them. And, at Raj’s instruction, these materials will never be sold.
If you would like to add your thoughtfulness and love, to gift others with the availability of these materials, you’re invited to make a tax-deductible contribution at our website, or send it to our address, both of which are shown below.
© by: The Northwest Foundation for “A Course in Miracles” a non-profit corporation. All rights reserved.
PO Box 1490 / Kingston, WA 98346-1490 / USA Phone: 360-638-0530
You are welcome to copy and share these materials with friends.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2020 PD9 Software