Home Page
Home Page
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: You are only ever addicted to that which takes you away from your peace.~~Raj
- (Added by: Erica)

Fresh Air podcast about meditation
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> The Gathering Place (TGP)Message format

orinda
Posted 2020-05-20 7:02 AM (#236461 - in reply to #236447)
Subject: *for the benefit of all beings* (prayer)

Expert

judyh - 2020-05-19 8:49 PM Interesting Fresh Air podcast about the benefits of meditation...including loving kindness meditation which most of us these days are incorporating somehow to include (the prayer) for the benefit of all beings.  Though his approach is quite mainstream and secular, I thought it might be of interest to see how much it is being shared.  Enjoy! https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2020/05/19/858551813/anxious-meditation-can-help-you-relax-into-the-uncertainty-of-the-pandemic 

... thanks Judy, it's good to see more of how naturally people are turning (within) for help and that looking like a conscious extension of caring for others ... 
... along the same lines, today's news headline in Canada (CBC) is about the amazing response of thousands of volunteers coming forward to help each other cope with the stresses of this trying time we're all in ... for me it was the answer to today's urgent call for HELP to be in my peace and have it to share with others ... so YES, there it is again ... have my need met by being here for others ... 
[[As Canadians continue to grapple with an unprecedented level of stress as the COVID-19 pandemic wears on, thousands of volunteers have come forward to offer emotional support to others — a move experts say could benefit their own mental well-being as much as the people they're helping. ]] 

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/whitecoat/mental-health-support-volunteers-covid-19-1.5576062?cmp=newsletter_CBC%20News%20Morning%20Brief_1265_29280

from the article;
If you're focused on somebody else, you can get outside of yourself and outside of your head. That support-giving in a time like this can be a really critically adaptive coping behaviour.- Dr. Anita DeLongis

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2020 PD9 Software