Home Page
Home Page
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: To be ever present in the Now, makes it impossible to consider the past or future.
- (Added by: penny)

today is big with blessing!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> The Gathering Place (TGP)Message format

roxana
Posted 2020-05-17 3:34 PM (#236407 - in reply to #236404)
Subject: RE: today is big with blessing!

Hi Judy, as always, I enjoy your presence and appreciate your sharing honestly what comes up for you.

I read this post from Orinda yesterday, (thanks O,) and also had feelings that raised a flag of caution.  I LISTENED, tried to put words to that feeling ( didn’t go as far as opening link) and left it at  that...until you brought up it up   specially since I just posted to Fran (and all) below and included  copy of a piece of the course which touches on the same subject... forgiveness and seeing no evil.

Since I have not even opened the link, maybe it is not something I should be commenting on, and I won’t, not directly anyway, but it is a subject I am learning about myself, so I’ll comment based on this.

I had shared that I had faced someone who was so was angry with me that the appearance of that countenance  looked distorted and froze in that distortion; without the pulse of living love/movement in the expression as we are used to seeing.  It made me think of death.  I am aware to a large degree what the anger is about and as Fran mentioned, just because someone calls you a kangaroo, doesn’t make one that  Nonetheless, the assumptions or beliefs are hurtful not just to the person holding them.  I’ve had “labor” regarding curbing my reactions  to it, specially since it has affected others as well.

What I am finding is that my reactive ness, if I pay attention, is telling me what is wrong, what it is I want to, need to, say No to. The interesting part is that my reactive ness also illuminates what the other is feeling and gives me an idea of what they are wanting to say no to.  But since their “no“ is based upon their misperceptions (I’m clear about  that because this is about me) and they have made it clear that that they don’t believe anything I might say about this, as I Asked further and let myself lean into it further, I discover that their reluctance to be corrected comes from a stance of defensiveness, fear. Hidden behind this iron wall of fear I find the Holy Son, Daughter of God.  In other words, I come to a place where I find my sanity, my gentleness right in the midst of the error and its inevitable agitation as I look beyond the wall of misperception and defense which they cling to.  And for me it is true that in finding mySelf I recognize that same quality/Self of the other, that must be the innocence the course talks about. So I come into this place, which I recognize as their own as well. This, I believe, is the first step in forgiveness.  The second step , the one that makes forgiveness complete so that it becomes a powerful healing tool,  is the recognition that what needs to change is the misperceived weakness of the (hidden) Son, Daughter of God. 

Usually we are used to correcting a mistake by applying pressure to it, to the mistake or to the one perpetuating the mistake. And this might curb a behavior and can contribute to helping create an ambience of willingness (to some extent) to change, but change itself comes from within.  We can and help create this change by connecting with the other’s hidden Self, and this connection (recognition) comes naturally when we connect with our own Self.  This desire, willingness to connect with the innocence of my other, activates the sleeping or hidden Self in our other, and helps facilitate its awakening. It is this awakened Self which is the only one able to effectuate a change and move away from the ego perspective, thus making the correction needed.

Wow.  That was a mouthful, but good, understandable, I hope.  I know that what I am trying to convey here is of value, it is the means by which we can see the changes we need in our world. So it is worth the effort. And this is the way in which I can and do feel gratitude, because not only have I been set free from the belief in the power of error myself when seeking to stay true to love and truth, but I am being reminded, right now here in this moment, that this forgiveness undoes the effects of error.  Hmm... going to let that in.... so thank you for being the prompts that have taken me a step further.

In finishing, yes, forgiveness as in overlooking and saying nothing wrong is happening, is not the way.  And saying no is a good start. And gratitude for difficulty in itself would make difficulty abundant, and that ignores the gift of the Holy/Spirit/Instant and the availability of miracles.

Edited by roxana 2020-05-17 6:24 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2020 PD9 Software