Home Page
Home Page
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "IT IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR YOU TO HAVE A THOUGHT ALONE. THERE IS ONLY ONE MIND . . . AND YOUR THOUGHT . . . EVERY THOUGHT YOU HAVE . . . WEIGHS IN THE BALANCE." ~~ Raj
- (Added by: amena)

today is big with blessing!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> The Gathering Place (TGP)Message format

judyh
Posted 2020-05-17 12:35 PM (#236404 - in reply to #236387)
Subject: RE: today is big with blessing!

Expert

There is something that feels very off to me about her letter thanking Donald Trump.  Maybe she is being funny and I'm interpreting it as sincere?? . But if it is sincere, it's like thanking an abusive parent or spouse, for showing us what we are really made of.  I can't really flesh out very well in words this feeling the article gives me, so this may be very unclear.  Apologies in advance.

While I can thank the Holy Spirit for turning everything to our advantage, man's inhumanity to man I cannot be thankful for.  We do not have to learn through such suffering.  I am not thankful for the ignorance and the division the president has sowed.  I see in protests the same words he has said come out of the mouths of his followers and also written on signs.  It is an infection of reaction. 

At this moment Patricia's blog post kind of feels like jumping on a new age bandwagon of "be grateful for everything and it makes it all better."  This to me is not love...to gloss over horrors and to be grateful for them because of the love that had to pour forth to meet them.  (similar things when someone can say: "I'm so grateful for cancer, it taught me so much"  but maybe what they really mean is I am grateful for the existential crisis brought about by sickness...does it have to be that way?) Maybe I just don't get it, or will feel differently later, but that's just been with me since I read it yesterday.

Just as if he was an abusive spouse or parent, I can totally recognize his divinity and feel love him for him as a fellow human being, AND see what he is doing for what it is...it's evil in the sense that it ignores the truth of our being.  And ignores and rewrites even factual information of events occurring.  Grifters and opportunists in the white house.  But if I am grateful for him, I'd also have to be grateful for the Fox news and Rush Limbaughs who sow such hatred.  And I am not. They have all contributed to a climate in the U.S. that is unhealthy for humanity.  And yes, it does call us to know the truth.  I see that she is saying that.  It's an opportunity, an unprecedented one, I'll give ya that!

Thank you for posting it, Orinda.  

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2020 PD9 Software