Home Page
Home Page
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "A person conceives of himself as separate largley because he perceives OF himself as bounded by a body. ONLY if he perceives himself as a MIND can this be overcome." Jesus CIM

I’ve been wanting to say this for a long time
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> The Gathering Place (TGP)Message format

roxana
Posted 2020-05-06 10:17 AM (#236288)
Subject: I’ve been wanting to say this for a long time

now, but I’ve been pausing so that more could come into view, and to simply get an Ok to do so, to share.

I’ve been wanting to address, talk about our getting old, the thoughts and fears, the awarenesses which come into view, our experiences as we continue to pay attention.  

For me, new fears are coming to attention.  Some things I didn’t fear before somehow have become fearful. I also have encountered a situation in which it appears to me that someone’s anger at me looks like the appearance of death staring me in the face.  I’ve felt that as we mature and notice more, there is also the tendency to hide many of those things and in doing so the idea of being senile or demented in some way can come up too. Then there is that to deal with.  I’ve also felt that in not sharing, in isolating ourselves in this way by keeping our experiences to ourselves, we establish a sense of independence, lonely independence which we eventually withdraw from altogether (dying?).

I was listening to Adyashanti below and had to pause during his detailed sharing about the gap and pausing, and how there is an infinitude of things which we do not consciously control, going on simultaneously even while we pause. And thank goodness that we don’t have to consciously make sure our heart beats or that we breathe or that we have to think about how to move a finger, and on.

Adyashanti made infinitude more comprehensible and for me it has been an invitation to say YES, there is an infinitude of things going on all the time and this applies as much now, at whatever age, as it did years ago, at whatever age that might have been. And there is continuity in spite of different experiences during different stages.  Our presence, our witnessing, is an integral part of the ongoing continuity, of creation.

So I’ve felt to encourage us all to continue in our sharing and I believe that in our doing so, the larger, as well as the infinitesimal aspects of our Being, register with more ease.  

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2020 PD9 Software