Home Page
Home Page
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: Let your attention come fully into the present, so that the Real can displace the unreal. (Raj)
- (Added by: Stefanie Finn)

I need help re: "The Two Step"
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> The Gathering Place (TGP)Message format

judyh
Posted 2020-04-28 3:04 PM (#235990 - in reply to #235983)
Subject: RE: a demonstration of someone(s) Being it?

Expert

That video was very powerful, Orinda.  Wow.  Thank you. 

It echoes something I've been contemplating and learning more about...trauma.  There is a book that I read about it a year or so ago...well, not all of it...called The Body Keeps the Score.  About how the body remembers.  What we now call PTSD. 

Recently I happened upon the Polyvagal theory.  There is a big nerve in our body called the vagus nerve.  It connects many vital organs and interestingly, is helped in it's health by breathing, meditation, chanting and a few other things...and I would argue, doing the two step too...asking God for help!   

The vagus nerve is key to regulating our nervous system and helping us feel safe in our bodies, and when we experience safety, we interact with others with compassion, we can respond with wisdom, we are more creative and play well with others .

Here's a non scientific explanation: https://www.thecut.com/2019/05/i-now-suspect-the-vagus-nerve-is-the-key-to-well-being.html  The nerve,  when I look at pictures of it, looks like a big tree in the body, full of life that wants to bloom.  

Edited by judyh 2020-04-28 3:26 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2020 PD9 Software