Home Page
Home Page
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: I would like to be experiencing the Idea that God has in Mind which is the reason I exist in the first place. I would like to experience God's Idea which is my Presence. I would like to experience it the way God is intending it at this moment and every moment. ~ Raj

I need help re: "The Two Step"
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> The Gathering Place (TGP)Message format

Gentleness
Posted 2020-04-27 7:34 PM (#235961 - in reply to #235960)
Subject: RE: I need help re: "The Two Step"

The Two Step

(p10 How can I put it? You are here to alleviate suffering. You are here to do something about suffering. You are here to be the agent for change which brings about correction to suffering. You’re here to get your hands dirty! And become involved by what? Shifting from perception to knowledge. By being willing to look into your brother’s eyes who is suffering, and not spew forth some crap—spiritual crap—metaphysical crap! Course in Miracles hate!

(p109) “Well, you’re creating this for yourself! Well you know, you don’t even exist!”

(p110) These are not healing answers—these are not corrective answers, these don’t indicate that an event has occurred, a shift from perception to knowledge. They don’t indicate that you’ve stood there and done what Paul and Susan are calling, “the two-step” where something happens and the first step is that you step back before you respond, and the second step is to ask God what needs to be known here, or to ask your Guide, or the Holy Spirit.

(p111) You need to learn to do the two-step. All the time. Because, that’s what you are here for. You’re here to come from knowledge. You’re here to come from the experience of Knowing because that’s your function. You’re not here to breed more and more perception. You’re not here to father more and more perception. You’re not here to let your imagination go wild and tell somebody exactly why they’re suffering and that it’s their fault and then tell them to do something about it and walk off. No. You must do the two-step.

(p112) Let me ask you all something: If you go where no correction is called for, and you go there all day every day, at the end of the day what can you say that you’ve contributed? And what of your purpose for being can you say that you have performed or expressed? Can you go to bed at night and say, “Well, today I got up and I looked for places where need was occurring. I looked for places where suffering was occurring so that I might do the two-step and bring to that situation what would end the suffering. And did I hang in there with my brother because he was worth my spending the time to do the two-step?”

(p113) If you’re brother is down in the pit, you have to go down into the pit with your brother and walk him back out. And you may indeed go down into the pit and say, “I see exactly how you got yourself here and because I see exactly how you got yourself here, I can show you the way out. It’s as simple as the way you got in.”

(p114) That’s evidence of shifting from perception to knowledge. “Above all else I wish to see. Above all else I wish to see differently. Above all else I wish to see everything through your Eyes, Holy Spirit, or your Eyes, Jesus. I wish to look through your Vision, which is your Gift to me and you’re giving it to me as you perform in your function, which is your Gift to me from God. And you know what? I ask for it, so that I might give it to my brother.”

(p115) Wow, no isolation there, is there? “I wish to see everything through your Vision, Jesus, so that I might give it to my brother.” That’s the Answer. The whole answer is embodied in what we’ve said tonight in what little we’ve read in this chapter tonight.

(p116) So, again I’m encouraging all of you to get off your duffs and to abandon intellectual metaphysical or spiritual pursuits and translate all of this that we’ve been reading and that you’ve been studying for years, into a new way of being that involves the practice of the “two-step.” It really involves the practice of everything that’s in this book.

(p117) Oh, many years ago, there was a catchy little phrase that made it’s rounds… “Engage in random acts of kindness.” It was a neat little thought-catchy so it would stay in your mind and remind you that you could do spontaneous little things—random acts of kindness. Not well-planned out kind acts, but a little nod of the head, or a smile at somebody or opening the door for somebody or what ever might occur, but for it to be a random thing.

(p11 Well, let the two-step be a similar thing to remind you during the day. To remind you to find and see where need is occurring so that you might be able to do the two-step and bring into play that which corrects the need; resolves the need.

Raj

August 25, 2007

Edited by Gentleness 2020-04-27 10:54 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2020 PD9 Software